Handheld tuner and AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hung up with black bear. Unfortunately, to tune my 2010, it will be $599. I'm sad. Not ready to spend that dollar yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Just wait for an in-person. I think you can get around some of that cost that way

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just hung up with black bear. Unfortunately, to tune my 2010, it will be $599. I'm sad. Not ready to spend that dollar yet.

That's for an Autocal AND a lifetime tune. The Autocal itself is a $300 piece of hardware which you can use for as long as you like and then resell later if you don't want to keep it, and it allows for you to install tunes yourself that BB sends you. There's cheaper alternative BB tunes, just not as convenient. It all depends on your plans- if you will be changing your engine mods later then the Autocal is worth it. If you won't be messing with things and just want a one-time tune then do a mail order tune or an in-person if they come to your area.

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I tried all options and he said for my year(2010), they don't keep those computers in stock. Only other option was in person tune which isn't close to me. I guess I'll go with the Range for now.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I tried all options and he said for my year(2010), they don't keep those computers in stock. Only other option was in person tune which isn't close to me. I guess I'll go with the Range for now.

They have the Scan Cable tune for a 2010 also. $330 tune and then you pay a $190 refundable core deposit for the equipment needed to scan your vehicle and then install the tune file once they email it to you. It works like the Autocal but you don't buy the equipment, they loan it to you. At least that's what I read on their website. Did you check on that option?

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I exhausted all options and he said the only 2 were in person or the $599 option where I send in my computer

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I exhausted all options and he said the only 2 were in person or the $599 option where I send in my computer

Interesting. Maybe all the scan cables are out in use. They do advertise that as an option. Also, what about the Autocal? That's $599 and you keep the Autocal.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Probably a 6.2 with 6spd, those computers are hard to come by, and the TCM is inside the transmission itself. Only option is AutoCal or inperson in that case.

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was looking forward to the $240 actually, LOL!

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a range plugin for now. I figure the sooner I disable the AFM the better