Handheld tuner and AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinky0r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an edge evo cs its not a handheld but it works to disable afm and it corrects tire size. I just use it on transmission mode to get the firmer shifts and higher shift points. I heard good things about edge products and my buddy here sold me the one i have (he got a new truck)

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you say you've looked into Black Bear but I just installed mine and it's unbelievable. A simple $240 mail order tune has so far gained me tons of throttle response, a night/day difference in my transmission behavior and on my first tank an additional 1.5 MPG (and I installed the tune when the tank was half full). I can't vouch for any hand held but I'm convinced BB is worth every penny.

OP
OP
Pinky0r

Pinky0r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know you say you've looked into Black Bear but I just installed mine and it's unbelievable. A simple $240 mail order tune has so far gained me tons of throttle response, a night/day difference in my transmission behavior and on my first tank an additional 1.5 MPG (and I installed the tune when the tank was half full). I can't vouch for any hand held but I'm convinced BB is worth every penny.

Had a BB years back, the only complaint was having to mail it in for the modifications when upgrading or changing things.

Since then switched to Superchips products on an old Ford 250 and now on our 03 Sierra. Having the handheld we can control changes when we are towing or showing :)

OP
OP
Pinky0r

Pinky0r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an edge evo cs its not a handheld but it works to disable afm and it corrects tire size. I just use it on transmission mode to get the firmer shifts and higher shift points. I heard good things about edge products and my buddy here sold me the one i have (he got a new truck)

Never used the product, also heard good things. Thanks!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackbear also has the Autocal handheld that allows you to install a custom tune they build for you. Their service includes custom tunes for life no matter your future mods. I'm in the process of installing a Whipple supercharger and they just e-mailed me my new tune which includes several new mods besides the blower including EGR delete and downstream O2 sensor delete so I can replace one of them with an AFR sensor. You can datalog and email the file to them and they will send you a tune based on the data and what you want.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would you guys recommend a trans tune for a well maintained tahoe with 165k miles? it seems to shift at the worst times when going up hills, will a tune fix this?

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would you guys recommend a trans tune for a well maintained tahoe with 165k miles? it seems to shift at the worst times when going up hills, will a tune fix this?
Hell yes it will. My Yukon has 145k and the tune made a huge difference. Shifts like it should during regular driving and then really grabs and goes under WOT and yet another level in sport mode. Pretty fun to drive now.

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering the Range plug in, but after all the reading, I think I should go with the BB tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hung up with black bear. Unfortunately, to tune my 2010, it will be $599. I'm sad. Not ready to spend that dollar yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu