Had the hoe towed home!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
2011 hoe 5.3 4wd, lost power, CEL and service stabiitrac, service traction control lights came on. dic also said reduced engine power, no shit as I sat on the side of the road. I noticed it also had a rough idle. Called triple AAA for a tow. walked up to the store for some beer, and when I got back started her up and everything seemed ok but the CEL was and is still lit up, at least he was able to drive it on the flat bed. I'm gonna have to go buy a scanner. any one got any ideas !!!!

ps the tow truck driver said he had just towed a chevy truck for the same problem

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not being a dick or captain obvious but what about ur batt and grounds and crap like that? Hit a big pothole or bump or something?

OP
OP
2011SSVHOE

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
sorry I just googled TAC module yep that may need to be checked Kinda stressed right now. I think i'm gonna bite for a Tech2 scanner. It'l be cheaper than going to the Stealership and when i'm done i'll have a nice tool instead of a receipt that say thank you very much we appreciate your business, aka wallet cleansing !!!!!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TAC = Throttle Actuator Control. It's the module that interfaces the throttle pedal input with the DBW TB (Drive-by-Wire Throttle Body, which uses a servo motor to actuate the throttle blade as opposed to mechanical linkages and a cable). There are other parts involve in the system such as the throttle body itself and the APP (Accelerator Pedal Position) sensor. The problem may not be the TAC module itself. It could be any of the related components of the system. Getting the code(s) read is your first line of diagnosing.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I just googled TAC module yep that may need to be checked Kinda stressed right now. I think i'm gonna bite for a Tech2 scanner. It'l be cheaper than going to the Stealership and when i'm done i'll have a nice tool instead of a receipt that say thank you very much we appreciate your business, aka wallet cleansing !!!!!

There's a thread here about a Tech II clone that seems to be getting rave reviews and it's a fraction of the cost. Had I been better informed, I would've bought one instead of dropping nearly the same amount on a nice, but far less-capable diagnotics tool.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a thread here about a Tech II clone that seems to be getting rave reviews and it's a fraction of the cost. Had I been better informed, I would've bought one instead of dropping nearly the same amount on a nice, but far less-capable diagnotics tool.
Previous shop I was at bought one of the Chinese tech2 clones. Was a waste of money still. All you could do with it was read codes/data on a gm vehicle only. Was a big paperweight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previous shop I was at bought one of the Chinese tech2 clones. Was a waste of money still. All you could do with it was read codes/data on a gm vehicle only. Was a big paperweight.

I thought the Tech2 was a GM-only tool, anyway:shrug:

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the Tech2 was a GM-only tool, anyway:shrug:
As in you couldn't modify anything. Just a gm specific scan tool was all it did, and harder to use. That's all. We could do way more stuff with our otc encore and bosh j2534 setup on everything we bought credits for.

Edit: the Chinese tech2 was like buying a universal $25 harbor freight one for more money and only read the codes. Couldn't clear them either.

Last edited: