Guy installed a Echo dot in his car, interesting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now you know why when you are at a light and it turns green that it takes the cars in front of you 10!seconds before they ever start to move and you get to sit through a second set of lights.
I remember the good old days that a high tech car had a cassette player and electric windows

Lol TRUTH

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s kind of a waste with having if you use android auto or CarPlay. But even in a truck without either one you can still say hey Siri play songs by..... and it will work. I have a 4th gen Apple TV installed for video streaming.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I use Android Auto and it’s all voice activated too and I like Google better than my Alexa I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Illnasty

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion Alexa blows Siri away and I've only used it for a few days but owned an iPhone since the 4. Not sure I would put one in the car since I'm not into spending the extra money for the wifi.

OP
OP
Illnasty

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I know for sure that I must be old. I have no idea why someone would want that in a car. I'm too busy focusing on driving while in my Tahoe. lol

One day our kids, kids, grandkids will only see a car with a steering wheel in a museum. Probably our smartphones too, they'll be saying stuff like - can you believe our ancestors carried a little device in their pocket and had access to everything, how archaic. Lol

n5yzv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heh, I gotta share this:
I bought a 1989 Chevy Truck (4x4, 5 speed, 350). It was a rough ranch truck that I've been slowly fixing up. Still in the dirty rust stage, but at least the drive train is good and a good solid suspension.
I picked up my daughter from school with it one day. She was 14 and high functioning special needs. It was still nice temp outside here in Texas, so I asked her if she wanted the window down. She noted, "yeah", but couldn't figure it out. So, I "cranked" down the window.
She was elated and thought that was the coolest thing she had ever seen. "Cranking Down" the window.
Because of the window crank, she still loves that truck.

Bigboychi

Reaction score
The voice controls on the dot are far better than my iphone, and I am willing to bet it's better than andriod's as well.

On a side note, of the people on here that use echos and or dot's in their house, what cool tips and tricks have you figured out?

My wife and I keep figuring out cool shit we had no idea it would do, like using the trackr app, or syncing it with our shared home calendar so echo will tell us upcoming events, and let us voice control to add events.
I love gadgets.... My Yukon has all.. Will give this a try... My 2017 glc Mercedes also can be started by voice command using Alexa.. So I'm defiantly gonna try in there also...I have Echo.. But I also have Samsung smart things at home... Alexa can start my car then the garage will automatically open once car start... If you have Sony TV's she can change Ur channels and pause and mute

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One day our kids, kids, grandkids will only see a car with a steering wheel in a museum. Probably our smartphones too, they'll be saying stuff like - can you believe our ancestors carried a little device in their pocket and had access to everything, how archaic. Lol

One song says it all. I miss the days of not being tied to a cell phone. Everybody seemed a lot happier then, I know I was.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the weekends, I frequently drive off and leave the phone at home.

Very liberating.