Guy installed a Echo dot in his car, interesting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
That is an awesome idea, but Idk how well it would work if you didn't have Wifi built into the car. I suppose the tethering to a phone hotspot could work. Provided that it can provide the bandwidth needed. Thanks for posting that link, that was a cool article to read. If that is wherre the future is headed, I am 100% down!!

OP
OP
Illnasty

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The latest generation of these trucks have the trifecta, Bluetooth, built in wifi, and USB so seems like the foundation is there. It defly seems cool. I just wish that a company like GM would pouch people from Amazon, Garmin, Apple etc to really shift their RnD game but those people are expensive I guess

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3 alexa devices around the house and like the hands free music control. Wish I had wifi in my yukon. I thought about hooking up a tmobile wifi hotspot but I think that is too much just to listen to music and will stick with my phone.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Great idea! I got a Amazon Echo when it first came out and it’s cool. I have unlimited data in my Suburban so I might have to do this !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
The voice controls on the dot are far better than my iphone, and I am willing to bet it's better than andriod's as well.

On a side note, of the people on here that use echos and or dot's in their house, what cool tips and tricks have you figured out?

My wife and I keep figuring out cool shit we had no idea it would do, like using the trackr app, or syncing it with our shared home calendar so echo will tell us upcoming events, and let us voice control to add events.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I know for sure that I must be old. I have no idea why someone would want that in a car. I'm too busy focusing on driving while in my Tahoe. lol

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't use my Alexa, I use my Google home. I like the admins game and the trivia game

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I know for sure that I must be old. I have no idea why someone would want that in a car. I'm too busy focusing on driving while in my Tahoe. lol

Now you know why when you are at a light and it turns green that it takes the cars in front of you 10!seconds before they ever start to move and you get to sit through a second set of lights.
I remember the good old days that a high tech car had a cassette player and electric windows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons