Guess the Drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ride heights will vary between stock vehicles due to OEM suspension type, age and amount of use. Mine's an '08 with Autoride and whatever springs those came with (I believe they're not the "soft" or "premium" or "luxury" or whatever-they-called-it ride springs. My Auto-level isn't functional, so it doesn't sit so high in the back. The Autoride shocks don't have an effect on ride height, just ride firmness.

My measurements as it sits in my garage right now (I'm typing this from the garage on my laptop) :

LF: 20 1/4"

LR: 22"

RF: 20 3/4"

RR: 22 1/4"

I butted my tape to the bottom of the fender lip and measured to the center of the wheel. Measuring from fender to ground will never give an accurate enough measurement when comparing other vehicles. Tire size/type, remaining tread, air pressure and overall diameter of the tire (regardless of wheel size) all add significant variations that will skew the measurements. All vehicles have a fender lip and all wheels have a center.

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ride heights will vary between stock vehicles due to OEM suspension type, age and amount of use. Mine's an '08 with Autoride and whatever springs those came with (I believe they're not the "soft" or "premium" or "luxury" or whatever-they-called-it ride springs. My Auto-level isn't functional, so it doesn't sit so high in the back. The Autoride shocks don't have an effect on ride height, just ride firmness.

My measurements as it sits in my garage right now (I'm typing this from the garage on my laptop) :

LF: 20 1/4"

LR: 22"

RF: 20 3/4"

RR: 22 1/4"

I butted my tape to the bottom of the fender lip and measured to the center of the wheel. Measuring from fender to ground will never give an accurate enough measurement when comparing other vehicles. Tire size/type, remaining tread, air pressure and overall diameter of the tire (regardless of wheel size) all add significant variations that will skew the measurements. All vehicles have a fender lip and all wheels have a center.

Good point. I just went out and measured the same way. Here's what I got:

LF: 17 1/4"

LR: 18 1/2"

The right side is identical.

Tony's springs are supposed to bring it down to around 17 7/8".

So, in my case, it looks like the Belltech struts with a half inch spacer removed, combined with McGaughy's 2" spindles actually gave me about a 3" drop in the front. It also seems that my DJM 4" spring is really about a 5-3/8" spring... So I should be at around 3/6 with Tony's springs, if his give you a true 6" drop.

In any case... cut to fit - paint to match! Do what needs to be done until it looks right.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. I just went out and measured the same way. Here's what I got:

LF: 17 1/4"

LR: 18 1/2"

The right side is identical.

Tony's springs are supposed to bring it down to around 17 7/8".

So, in my case, it looks like the Belltech struts with a half inch spacer removed, combined with McGaughy's 2" spindles actually gave me about a 3" drop in the front. It also seems that my DJM 4" spring is really about a 5-3/8" spring... So I should be at around 3/6 with Tony's springs, if his give you a true 6" drop.

In any case... cut to fit - paint to match! Do what needs to be done until it looks right.

I thought the DJM spring was actually a 5" drop spring and the 1" spacer is used to make it a 4" net drop. That 3/8" is negligible considering it's aftermarket coils which is in no way an exact science, especially from vehicle to vehicle.

Good job on getting it to sit level left-to-right. I'll be doing the same with varying the number of spacers to level mine to achieve a 3" front drop. I'll drop the front first then the rear cuz it's way easier to adjust the rear to get it to sit level.

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the DJM spring was actually a 5" drop spring and the 1" spacer is used to make it a 4" net drop. That 3/8" is negligible considering it's aftermarket coils which is in no way an exact science, especially from vehicle to vehicle.

Good job on getting it to sit level left-to-right. I'll be doing the same with varying the number of spacers to level mine to achieve a 3" front drop. I'll drop the front first then the rear cuz it's way easier to adjust the rear to get it to sit level.

I certainly do not want to pull out the struts again. I hate spring compressors...

Some good news today. Did some AutoCal data logging this afternoon and sent my files over to Justin at BBP. :headbang:I've heard great things. Should be very nice with the K&N CAI and Magnaflow catback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne