Guess the Drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know how much I'm supposed to be lowered, but I'd like to see your opinions. The reason being... my numbers don't seem to match other trucks I'm seeing on here. I'm looking to drop it a little more, so I want to be sure I'm getting the right parts. Thanks

IMG_7417.jpg IMG_7418.jpg IMG_7419.jpg

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks great but we are gonna need some more details to help you out.

What setup is it now?
What size wheels?
Are you looking for less wheel to fender gap or overall lower to ground?

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks great but we are gonna need some more details to help you out.

What setup is it now?
What size wheels?
Are you looking for less wheel to fender gap or overall lower to ground?

Thanks. I'll hold off on suspension specifics for a little while. I'd to see some more guesses based on the photos alone.

I'm on new Nitto420s 285/45r22. And...both really, but I definitely want to shorten the gap in the rear. I may bring the front down another 1/2", MAYBE 1" but that would be tops and cutting it close.

3-3.5 / 5

it looks good

Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm confused are you looking for help with suspension or just wanting us to guess what your drop is?

because he knows how much he is suppose to be dropped. So he's asking our opinions on what we think it's dropped solely based on the pics.

Being that those are 22's, I'd guess around a 4/6..

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
because he knows how much he is suppose to be dropped. So he's asking our opinions on what we think it's dropped solely based on the pics.

Yes. I am thinking that there definitely could be differences from brand to brand as to what certain drops really mean... a 3 or 4 or 5" claim may give different results depending on the brand. I don't want my actual specs influencing anyone's thought, but I'll post them up here in a bit.

If I'm wanting another couple inches of drop in the back, I may not be able to just go off of the part description if I am switching brands...if that makes sense. For instance, who knows if 2" would end up being closer to 1 or 3 relative to mine. I have a '67 C10 and the common phrase in that world is "Every truck is different" and that makes sense because of how things were done back then... but I don't think that should really be the case with newer trucks.

This is helpful and y'all are letting me know that I'm not crazy in what I'm seeing :Big Laugh:

Another thing to note... It's NOT an autoride/awd truck

Last edited:

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead of switching brands you could always cut a coil out of springs. That’s what I did with my 6” drop springs on my nbs. Didn’t change the ride quality just the ride height

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's at a 2.5/4 right now

Front: 2" McGaughys drop spindles, Belltech SP struts with one 1/2" spacer removed from stock position
Rear: 4" DJM drop spring, DJM end links, Belltech SP shocks, McGaughys shock extenders

I am considering going with Tony's 6" drop spring and removing the bumpstop bracket, as well as adding DJM trailing arm relocators. Since I can adjust the front struts in 1/2" increments, I figure I could swap out all the stuff in back and see how it looks compared to the front... then remove any strut spacers as needed.

I'm wondering how practical it would be after this. If the rear was 2 inches lower, there would only be about an inch gap from tire to fender... Same story up front if I dropped it to match. Can anyone with a similar setup give feedback on this?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844