Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got Jenn a car last weekend so the Tahoe's mine again. It was due for it's 5,000-mile service so I had it on jack stands in the shop with the wheels off. Since I no longer have to rush to get it back together for kid transit service, I took my time and decided to see how difficult it would be to install those 2" front lift spacers I've had for a few months. Completing one side prompted me to finish it out with the other side, which prompted me to install the 1.5" wheel spacers (studs needed to be trimmed about 5/16"-3/8"), which prompted me to install the 1" rear spacers. It rolled in the shop for an oil change and tire rotation and rolled out with a 2/1 lift and 3" wider stance. Time to get those all-terrains on now.

No before and after pics cuz it was a spur-of-the-moment idea

Quick and easy 2" front lift. I don't care much for the Grade5 hardware, but I'll be headed to a hardware store soon and Grade8 stuff is on that shopping list:

View attachment 194838

Tahoe's been in my possession again for less than 24 hours at this point and I've already taken my scalpel to it. I'll round off/dress up and cold-galvanize the stud tips later:

View attachment 194839

Hubcentric wheel spacer installed:

View attachment 194840

Quick-and-dirty, half-assed cell pic:

View attachment 194841
Side profile jackasss, need to see how far them there tyrs stick out...

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

Thank ya!

Looks great! Yours, in my eyes because of its color, also looks great slightly lowered. Our RC 2 inch level came in Saturday, just need time now. Don't forget the alignment.

Thank ya! My original and ultimate plan is to lower it. It's 2WD and I don't go off-road. I scored a great deal on some all-terrains a while back to replace the Eagles when they're done and that prompted me to try out a mild lift just for appearance. I have McG spindles, a set of 3" McG coils, axle and sway bar relocators. I want at least a 3/"4" so I still need the coil relocators for the additional 1" front drop and I have a couple ideas for the extra 1" rear drop, including a set of experimental coils :secret:. This lift was just a quick and easy way to change it up a bit.

Your RC 2"- is that a strut spacer kit like mine?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does look good dub. Ima gonna try to go up some more but then i need ucas because i dont want to burn through cv’s .....tax time so we’ll see wut happens...
You ever swap your fender out?

Edit ~ nvrmind

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just read the install instructions on their site and they were basically the same as for mine. I didn't undo any balljoints or steering links. Actually, I didn't read the instructions (packing materials :p) until I was cleaning up. Just ran the sway bar link nut almost all the way off to give the arms more travel and removed the two bolts holding the bottom of the strut. Used a long pry bar to push the arms down enough to slip the spacer into place and a homemade podger spike to align the holes. Yours being a 4WD may require the extra work, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63