Grill Inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the stock color matched grill, white, on my 06 Z71. The grill inserts are also white and I wanted to make them black. I was wondering if anyone sells black grill inserts and can they be put in? When I've had the grill off it almost looks like the tabs are melted in place to hold in and wasn't sure if that can be changed. I was thinking of painting it at first but I'm not a professional painter and wanted it to last and not chip away.

Also was considering putting a light bar in the lower grill insert area and was wondering if anyone has done that and how you mounted it.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
You can break he inner off and paint it separately, then epoxy it back together. We heat up those mounting points and pull it off, then reheat to put back on. Works 8 times out of 10 with no epoxy

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Done it to several grilles. Drilled the melted tabs out. Then to reinstall used epoxy, jb weld , exc.