Greetings from Middle Tennessee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papa Bear CKVLTN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, everybody!
I'm new to the forum, and am in the process of purchasing a 2001 Tahoe from a co-worker's dad.
It's been used primarily for towing horse trailers and making runs from Cookeville, TN to Bowling Green, KY - approximately 2 hours each way.
I have no reason to doubt or mistrust the seller, and I'm excited about owning one, as I've been a fan of the whole Chevy Suburban line since I was a kid.
The Tahoe in my sites is an automatic 4WD with towing package. Mileage is nearing 212,000, and the owner has kept it up very well; he's the second owner.
I'm going to take a good look at it on Monday afternoon, and take her for a spin. My co-worker - an RN at the hospital where we work - has driven this rig extensively and swears by it's comfort and reliability. Again, I have absolutely no reason to doubt that I'm getting a good deal.
Her dad is asking $4400 in his online ad (www.golsn.com), but we've talked on the phone at length and he will sell it to me for an even $4000.
My current truck - 1995 Ford F-150XLT - has less mileage but is in dire need of work to keep her going for a few more years. It's $$$ that I don't have any desire to spend, and it's a 2WD automatic, which means I'll probably get stuck in the snow or slip off the road due to ice again this Winter. NOT what I'm looking forward to!
Good Grief! I'm rambling on!
Just wanted to say "hey", and let y'all know that I'm looking forward to learning a bit from this forum and make a few new Chevy friends. I've never owned a Chevy truck or SUV before, and I'm not a "brand snob", but I'm always willing to learn and enjoy new things.
Thanks for letting me be a part of the forum. I'm excited to begin this next chapter.

Michael G.
"Papa Bear"
Cookeville, TN

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Michael!

Sounds like a good well maintained 2001 Tahoe..I would still ask for service records anyway..But that is just me..I always like to know how often the oil was changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu