Got some new shoes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger and got some new tires for my XL Denali. I went with the 285/60/20 Duratracs. They accomplish the look and style that I was going for. The larger tire size and the level just looks "right" to me compared to stock. I've had them for a few days and so far no rubbing.

Ready for winter!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

(Sorry for the poor picture quality. If I can only remember to take a picture when the car isn't in the garage...)

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great.

How's the ride & noise compared to stock? I'm sure it's more noticeable, but by how much?

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks AWESOME! What size leveling kit did you go with? In regards to tires I was either going to run this size in the toyo open country at ii or try to squeeze a 295/60/20 nitto terra grappler g2 in there? Any rubbing or noticeable loss in mpg? I trimmed my front valence like yours and feel like my fuel economy went to garbage!

OP
OP
Demer

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great.

How's the ride & noise compared to stock? I'm sure it's more noticeable, but by how much?

I'd say the noise is only slightly more noticeable. I was actually expecting to be pretty bad compared to stock, so I'm pretty stoked that I only really hear it with the music off and if I'm really listening for it. Also, it's been cold here so the windows have been up the whole time, I'm sure with the windows down I could hear them sing to me more. I like the ride better now. The tires are grippy and firm which is what I was going for. I don't notice that the ride is any more harsh than before. The braking distance is a little longer with these larger tires.

Looks AWESOME! What size leveling kit did you go with? In regards to tires I was either going to run this size in the toyo open country at ii or try to squeeze a 295/60/20 nitto terra grappler g2 in there? Any rubbing or noticeable loss in mpg? I trimmed my front valence like yours and feel like my fuel economy went to garbage!

I went with 2.25" in the front and 1" in the rear. Sitting here now, I probably could have gone with the full 2.5" front/1" rear, but I was too scared that I'd end up with the nose higher than the rear. So I still have just a hair of rake. I've only got about 100 miles of pure city driving so far, and with all the tight turns, speed bumps, entrances/exits with dips, etc I have not experienced any rubbing yet. With as tight as these tires fit in the wheel well, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the right set of circumstances happen and I'll get a rub. From what I can tell though, if I do get consistent rubbing I think it would only take some minor trimming to alleviate it. It's also too early for me to tell about a MPG drop.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Just from taking off the valence? What was it and what is it now? Not being stupid, don’t believe thatll make that drastic of a diff

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Just from taking off the valence? What was it and what is it now? Not being stupid, don’t believe thatll make that drastic of a diff
What ever the standard valence is that comes stock and then I added swapped it out for a PPV valence. Consistently get 12 city and like 18-20 highway. Could it be anything else? Stock vs PPV and a side by side

IMG_0351.JPG IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0876.JPG

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that looks good! Heard good things about those tires.

OP
OP
Demer

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever the standard valence is that comes stock and then I added swapped it out for a PPV valence. Consistently get 12 city and like 18-20 highway. Could it be anything else? Stock vs PPV and a side by side

That is strange. I cut my air dam about 4 months ago I never saw any noticeable drop in MPG's.

OP
OP
Demer

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC