Got new Goodyear cop tires and new wheels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at all of the other size options that were going to be expensive too, I decided to use the 265/60-17 Goodyear tires that are designed specific for the Tahoe PPV. $1250 for 4 tires is outrageous though, and figured might as well spend another $600 for new wheels too. Then I can leave my winter tires mounted up on the cop wheels, which are still needed today with 6 inches of FN snow coming down.
Beware of a lot of online sellers are selling the older version of the PPV tire for less, but even though they look the same, they are 2 different tires according to this article. You need TPC spec 3135MS They are heavy duty 6 ply 149mph LT tires in disguise.
http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=5956
IMG_3244.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although it might not be everyone's preference, I love the old school hot rod look of these wheels and tires on any full-sized Chevrolet of any year. The quality of these $148 each "Vision" wheels is impressive. I measured the radial, and lateral run-out of all 4 wheels on my Hunter Road Force balancer, and they were damn near perfectly round, unlike many others, and have a signed inspection sticker.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice man, they look great.
Now lets see a full side shot :)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are a variation of the old Torque Thrust Ds from the 1960s as seen on Bullitt's Mustang. Nice! Good find on the tires too, a lot of fellas will sure appreciate that.