Got my 22" Texas Editions and some other goodies (Sport Red)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured it was time to share a pic, haven't of my own Tahoe since I joined. I picked up my '07 LT 4x4 about a month ago. I've been replacing small things inside and out, as needed (drivers inner door handle, various pillar trim pieces, etc). Finally got the front glass re-tinted to match the stock rear tint (20%), went ahead and had the whole windshield tinted 40%, LED's inside and out (except headlights), and just got my 22" Texas Editions with Bridgestones (with TPMS) from OE Wheels LLC.

I keep procrastinating on the trainhorn install, but just have that left to do and some WeatherTech mats all around inside and I think I am done. Maybe a head unit and headlight upgrade left, but that will depend on how I feel a few months from now. I am known to change vehicles every few months. :)

(for the folks OCD about their vehicles like me, the mudflaps were put on when the truck was new.....so the paint is worn from movement. Also the front left quarter panel has been painted at some point, and they cleared over the pin stripe, so removing that is not an option either :( )

View attachment 75403
Figured it was time to share a pic, haven't of my own Tahoe since I joined. I picked up my '07 LT 4x4 about a month ago. I've been replacing small things inside and out, as needed (drivers inner door handle, various pillar trim pieces, etc). Finally got the front glass re-tinted to match the stock rear tint (20%), went ahead and had the whole windshield tinted 40%, LED's inside and out (except headlights), and just got my 22" Texas Editions with Bridgestones (with TPMS) from OE Wheels LLC.

I keep procrastinating on the trainhorn install, but just have that left to do and some WeatherTech mats all around inside and I think I am done. Maybe a head unit and headlight upgrade left, but that will depend on how I feel a few months from now. I am known to change vehicles every few months. :)

(for the folks OCD about their vehicles like me, the mudflaps were put on when the truck was new.....so the paint is worn from movement. Also the front left quarter panel has been painted at some point, and they cleared over the pin stripe, so removing that is not an option either :( )

View attachment 75403

Did you paint the center wheel caps?

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered me a set of 22 inch Texas Edition wheels today from oewheelsllc.com. Will be going with 305-40-22 tires.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered me a set of 22 inch Texas Edition wheels today from oewheelsllc.com. Will be going with 305-40-22 tires.
Nice! I wanted the better ride, hence the 45 series.
Did you paint the center wheel caps?
No, my 22's came with plastic centercaps.....not GM parts. If I understand correctly, you can knock the black centers out of the GM versions. But the plastic kind like I got with my wheels, the black part seems to be permanent. I honestly didn't examine them THAT close, since I like the black centers because they give it a factory look.

NoGood58

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

View attachment 75403
Those wheels look great. Train horn? That's gonna sound wicked. Just order husky floor liner. Can't wait to install them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

00chevyHd

Reaction score

View attachment 75403

00chevyHd

Reaction score

View attachment 75403

What size of lugs did you get any pics with the hub cap off i ordered some Reps already would like to know any info ??? Lmk thanks

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking wheels, I think the pinstripe actually looks decent on that color. I watched your train horn video, that's pretty badass! What do you use them for?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size of lugs did you get any pics with the hub cap off i ordered some Reps already would like to know any info ??? Lmk thanks
Used stock lugs and GM wheel locks. I couldn't find any other wheel locks that fit under the centercaps, and the GM's aren't really that expensive.
Nice looking wheels, I think the pinstripe actually looks decent on that color. I watched your train horn video, that's pretty badass! What do you use them for?
Anyone that does anything stupid enough to hear them. Occasionally to scare folks too, with the exceptions being elderly, small children (infants), and pets.