Got bored so Plasti-dip the Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh... They sell the Glossifier spray as well.
I bought it from their website. They sell you a whole lot for like $75

Sgtduckyboy

Reaction score
Why hand wash? My Panda goes thru the car wash once a week and they power wash the wheels.
Not to mentioned it survived 1 NY winter already...
Great job on the coat specially the glossing.
I did like 4 coats plus 2gloss.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...blems-chrome-moldings-high-low-fog-led.85655/

i have the same thing, but on some after market rims. if you prep it great, not good, but great, you should get a bond that will last 2 years at least going through normal use including car washes. after 2 years, i had to strip clean and recoat. stripping sucks, so i would recommend doing it right, getting surface clean, clean clean.. i use TSP for several cleaning attempts and light steel wool to scuff the shine of the metal (if you are going to do this permanently) to help get that good bond. I wish I had pictures handy. I used painters tape to mask off the tire at the rim line. i put on 3+ coats as well. I Didnt use any 'gloss'. i like the 'matte' finish personally. the rest of my Z71 hoe is shiny back with matte black plastic trim, so it blends in well. next i am going to do the same to the step rail and maybe the roof rack side rails, as they are starting to show some fading. I bet we have only began to tap the surface of the use for this stuff!

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you share pictures...you can pm them to me as to not hijack the thread :)

I have the 18 inch wheels but i would prefer it not to be permanent i have used it before but this was years ago before the plasti-dip boom. There was no glossifier back then lol

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you had the chance to click on that link. Page 3.
Wheels on. All you need is plastic bags and blue tape.
Go on YouTube the guy shows how and what to use. I didn't have to tape up the tire because I applied the don't want plastic dip here and where you want the plastic dip to bond you apply something else. They sell you everything on their website and is cheaper than Home depot.

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you had the chance to click on that link. Page 3.
Wheels on. All you need is plastic bags and blue tape.
Go on YouTube the guy shows how and what to use. I didn't have to tape up the tire because I applied the don't want plastic dip here and where you want the plastic dip to bond you apply something else. They sell you everything on their website and is cheaper than Home depot.

Yes i viewed your thread at least 20 times now lol.....i found a site called dipyourcar.com and they have a kit like you mentioned for $70 i believe. I did not see the item you are talking about "don't want plasti dip here"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT