Got bored so Plasti-dip the Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apothecary

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

Father got a '17 Tahoe LT with 20" Chrome wheels last winter. Expressed an interest in changing the chrome to a dark color. I didn't want anything permanent in case he changed his mind. So I decided to plasti-dip them after a few months.

Before and after (After pics taken with a much crummier camera, but you get the idea).

Posting here for people who want an idea of what it looks like - 50 dollar mod that helps protect the wheel and can be taken off in no time because it's just rubber spray.

HbqBXwX.jpg

UhLuknp.jpg

HbqBXwX.jpg

Last edited:

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That actually looks good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the look....just have to always hand wash it lol

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why hand wash? My Panda goes thru the car wash once a week and they power wash the wheels.
Not to mentioned it survived 1 NY winter already...
Great job on the coat specially the glossing.
I did like 4 coats plus 2gloss.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...blems-chrome-moldings-high-low-fog-led.85655/
I had just never had luck.... Maybe it was the clear coat.... What did you use? Also did you paint them with the wheels on or off?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had just never had luck.... Maybe it was the clear coat.... What did you use? Also did you paint them with the wheels on or off?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Check out my link. Tons of pics on the how.