Got a new toy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice buy man! Can't believe you got it for $132, I understand why you couldn't pass it up. I like how backlight on it is nearly the same as the Tahoe's as well. Let us know how the performance increase is. Also, if it is worth running 93 for it.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well running 93 on its highest mode definitely adds some pep, and the shifting is much better as well as the torque management, but still not quite what I was hoping for. I ran the economy tune on the gas I had in the tank when I had some 87 in it, and experienced a notable amount of detonation (pinging) and returned it to stock. My understanding is that I may have had some bad quality gas (no surprise to me), and the Edge's calibrations are so tight on the economy tune (to squeeze out MPG's) that 85-86 octane just won't cut it. I'll get my next tank in 87 from a different gas station and test it in economy again.

Overall, for $132 it's hard to complain. However, I think their is actually a bit of MPG loss on the performance mode compared to stock on the highway, so I can't justify running around on 93 all the time. Hopefully my pinging issue was isolated and I can get a better report on the economy tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123