GMC4x4.com VT Summer 2014 Trail Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AA1PR

Reaction score
mods please delete if this is not allowed

GMC4x4.com VT Summer 2014 Trail Run

OK so let's do this August 9-10th 2014

last year we arrived early at the campsite on friday & we can do that as well

this year we will explore the Southern half of the Green Mountain National Forest

I've never really explored this area so it'll be new to all of us

in my search I found a few class IV trails near the area we can also explore to mix things up

most of this will be on county or forest sevice dirt/gravel roads

I will explore what is available for group camping & post that later & make any & all reservations if needed

so email me [email protected] so I have an idea of who's attending

What's the plan for the day?
- quick lunch at a local Vermont eatery
- trail ride (Class III - IV roads)

This will be a fun day of meeting members from GMC4x4 and other forums (i.e. ExpeditionPortal!), driving through the beautiful back woods of VT and even some more challenging terrain for modified trucks. After the trail run, we'll head for dinner & drinks to catch up, relax and swap stories.

Vehicle Requirements
- front & rear recovery points
- 4 wheel drive

B/c the standard course for this trail ride can be done simply with 4 wheel drive, the requirements are minimal and I will have extra hitch pins on hand to create a rear recovery point for guys with OEM bumpers. For trucks that want to venture into the more difficult terrain, I recommend a lift, taller tires (33" min) and body armor. The trucks will be spaced so their is a rig with a winch nearby should you get stuck.