Gmc yukon offroad bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveMansur

Reaction score
It's been 4 years and none of the big name bumper manufacturers seem to find it viable to make a product for the 2015+ yukon. Any custom bumper builds out there?

WillTHEThrill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's true though. There are endless options including Ranch Hand for previous body styles but very very limited options for this body style. I bought an '18 Tahoe Z71 the other day and am hoping to find something as well. I've been meaning to call South Texas Outfitters to see if they can.

duke90

Reaction score
Are you sure this will fit the yukon? I called a distributor for the fab four bumpers and they said it will fit a '15-'18 suburban, but not yukon... I have a '17 yukon and am looking for a winch bumper as well.

OP
OP
SteveMansur

SteveMansur

Reaction score
Are you sure this will fit the yukon? I called a distributor for the fab four bumpers and they said it will fit a '15-'18 suburban, but not yukon... I have a '17 yukon and am looking for a winch bumper as well.
theres no guarantee that it will fit the Yukon, it will line up with the chassis mounts for sure but 100% you will need to chop the bottom of the bumper off since the entire grille / bumper assembly is a single piece versus separate pieces with the tahoe. There is also another issue, the sides of the bumper on the Yukon are cut horizontal to the ground (look right next to the headlight assembly) whereas the tahoe sides have an angled part to them much like a landcruiser or nissan patrol. if the bumper doesnt line up at that edge then u cant really cut above it or add a pace to fill the gap. I am personally thinking about getting an ADD bumper for the sierra that would require that i cut the whole bumper and fender well liners. Its a better bet as the bumper if horizontal at the edges and below the parting line between the side fenders and bumper. This way most of the front bumper is still solidly attached. Any idea if someone out there is willing to lend an add bumper just to prove that it works?

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
That Fab Four for the Suburban looks great. Anyone actually have one on their rig? How did the install go? I am betting removing the facotry was more involved than installing the new. Post pics if you have them. I am headed in that direction, not sre if I want the pre runner or no upper guard version. Thanks

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a gent on here in Chattanooga that is a builder! I am getting on for my 2009 Beastieburban.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't forget your sensors may go screwy when you put a aftermarket bumper or grill on, your parking sensors may not work right same for the adaptive cruise control. all that should be factored in. already saw one guy have problems with the parking sensors after putting a brush guard on that was designed for that vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy