gmc yukon no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i changed my transmission and when i went to start the truck i didnt get any crank the starter is fine tried to arc it to start it and it just kept cranking even when key was out only stopped when i diconected the battery but i go no response when i try to turn the key over

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a Nuetral Safety Switch ? Try putting the truck in Nuetral and see if it starts then.

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i changed my transmission and when i went to start the truck i didnt get any crank the starter is fine tried to arc it to start it and it just kept cranking even when key was out only stopped when i diconected the battery but i go no response when i try to turn the key over

Not sure what year you have but this will give you an idea of what the issue is.

OP
OP
J

Jared839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fuse 40a ignition a was blown replaced blew again where might I find a short I have a loose black wire with a white stripe by the distributor cap but that wire comes from bundled wires and I have no idea where it plugs in

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tape that end up and make sure its not touching anything and see if it still blows the fuse. That wire could possibly go to your starter but not sure. If that is a hot wire, it could have blown the fuse if it was grounded out.
Fuse 40a ignition a was blown replaced blew again where might I find a short I have a loose black wire with a white stripe by the distributor cap but that wire comes from bundled wires and I have no idea where it plugs in

OP
OP
J

Jared839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tape that end up and make sure its not touching anything and see if it still blows the fuse. That wire could possibly go to your starter but not sure. If that is a hot wire, it could have blown the fuse if it was grounded out.
When it's not touching anything the fuse doesn't blow

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it's not touching anything the fuse doesn't blow

If I was a betting man I would bet that wire goes to your starter which is why I will not start with the key. I would look at the back of your starter and the rest of that wire terminal should be under a nut where it is broke off. Replace the end then I'll bet you're good to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17