GM offering a supercharger in the 2018 accessory catalog?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lack of color matched rear calipers with the Brembo brake package and my OCD are the only things holding me back from pulling the trigger on the brake upgrade. Happy to hear Chevy is offering color matched rears even if they aren't Brembo calipers.

A supercharger making it into the parts catalog should be interesting.

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lack of color matched rear calipers with the Brembo brake package and my OCD are the only things holding me back from pulling the trigger on the brake upgrade. Happy to hear Chevy is offering color matched rears even if they aren't Brembo calipers.

A supercharger making it into the parts catalog should be interesting.

Watch the 2nd video, it does have rear brembos

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess they had to do so... w/ RST tahoe pkg w/ s/c

interesting, that it is LT4/LSA vs TVS based

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting, that it is LT4/LSA vs TVS based

I seen that and it is interesting. Maybe they have easier access to these superchargers and to keep it more of an OEM piece it's better for cost, price point, and maintenance?

If only they would just build a sport truck from the factory again... they have all the pieces... TAKE MY MONEY :eek::anitoof:

+1 I'm not sure why GM doesn't do this. Especially with the Jeep GCSRT8, Trackhawk, and now the Durango SRT8, there's a market for Truck/SUV performance vehicles. There's a reason why the Jeep GCSRT8 has always been the #1 selling SRT8 model.

There are people that want everyday utility room for family/hauling PLUS performance.

Offer an SS model for the Tahoe, Suburban, and Silverado 1500 with suspension, supercharger, and Brembo brake options in the 550-600HP range with some "SS" bumpers, grill, rims, and trim to set it apart; They'd sell without a doubt. GM not doing this almost seems ignorant.

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was very disappointed when buying my Tahoe that there weren't more options regarding performance.

I was trading in my 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (5.0 Ford with an Eaton supercharger) that was 510 at the motor. Was PLENTY for me. When talking to my dealer i was very interested in the Tahoe size and aesthetics and really didn't like the looks of the Escalade or GMCs (but loved their engines). We discussed doing an LT4 crate engine and 8l90e swap before taking delivery but the kicker was they wouldn't warranty the powertrain after. So i decided I would do it my damn self. I purchased a 6.2 L86 core that i'm building up and have a 2300 maggie that is going on the 5.3 over thanksgiving that will eventually go on the 6.2 when i finish it.

I figure if i don't get warranty i might as well do it my way with better internals.

After starting down this path i have since found that one of our local Sewell dealers will install HPE500 kits and can even be financed as part of the initial package.

Seems like some dealers around the country understand this niche I just cant believe its taken GM this long to do the same.

This is all i wanted to drive off the lot with:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was very disappointed when buying my Tahoe that there weren't more options regarding performance.

I was trading in my 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (5.0 Ford with an Eaton supercharger) that was 510 at the motor. Was PLENTY for me. When talking to my dealer i was very interested in the Tahoe size and aesthetics and really didn't like the looks of the Escalade or GMCs (but loved their engines). We discussed doing an LT4 crate engine and 8l90e swap before taking delivery but the kicker was they wouldn't warranty the powertrain after. So i decided I would do it my damn self. I purchased a 6.2 L86 core that i'm building up and have a 2300 maggie that is going on the 5.3 over thanksgiving that will eventually go on the 6.2 when i finish it.

I figure if i don't get warranty i might as well do it my way with better internals.

After starting down this path i have since found that one of our local Sewell dealers will install HPE500 kits and can even be financed as part of the initial package.

Seems like some dealers around the country understand this niche I just cant believe its taken GM this long to do the same.

This is all i wanted to drive off the lot with:

you get TVS installed?
any other mods done?

fyi, Classic in grapevine & some other dealers also offer callaway pkg. (like hennessey)