GM Borla Exhaust on 2017 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
I just installed the GM Borla exhaust on my Tahoe. I love the sound - it's loud enough so you can tell it's a V8 but not too loud in the cab. You can hear it if you're listening for it but it isn't overpowering.

I did have a couple questions that I wonder if anyone has experience with. Will the computer relearn automatically with the new exhaust or do I need to do some type of reset? I noticed the gas mileage average as displayed went down immediately after installing but after driving 50 or so miles it seems to be getting back up to normal. I’m not sure how much of that is blamed on giving it a little more gas on takeoffs to listen to the new exhaust sound.

Also, is there a way I can periodically check to make sure the "flapper" is still working that keeps the V4 sound in check? I've also noticed a slight rattle when idling, and I'm not sure if that's the flapper or just something I've never noticed before but am now looking for because I know I changed something underneath.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the GM Borla exhaust on my Tahoe. I love the sound - it's loud enough so you can tell it's a V8 but not too loud in the cab. You can hear it if you're listening for it but it isn't overpowering.

I did have a couple questions that I wonder if anyone has experience with. Will the computer relearn automatically with the new exhaust or do I need to do some type of reset? I noticed the gas mileage average as displayed went down immediately after installing but after driving 50 or so miles it seems to be getting back up to normal. I’m not sure how much of that is blamed on giving it a little more gas on takeoffs to listen to the new exhaust sound.

Also, is there a way I can periodically check to make sure the "flapper" is still working that keeps the V4 sound in check? I've also noticed a slight rattle when idling, and I'm not sure if that's the flapper or just something I've never noticed before but am now looking for because I know I changed something underneath.

I noticed a slight rattle with mine when new but it’s gone now. Not sure what it was. Will be interested to hear peoples feedback on the flapper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2