GM / AC Delco Brake Pads/Rotors for 2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salanizi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

My 2015 LS 4x4 Hoe has wobbly rotors and soon will need the pads replaced,

This is my first GM so I am quite confused to the array of available pads from GM itself for this vehicle,

I went to my dealer and they offer only GM parts that cost almost twice the Ac Delco ones,

The Ac Delco dealer has about three parts (as I understood) available, Durastop, Professional, and Advantage, all at a cheaper price than the GM ones.

I will resurface the rotors (only 43k miles on them) and replace the pads, which way should I go to get the most for my money? The factory pads now lasted me 2 years of 43k miles of hard driving, should I pay the premium for GM OE parts to get the same performance? Or are the cheaper Ac Delco's just as good?

Also, if Ac Delco, which ones should I get? And in what material, ceramic or the regular?

Thanks

Blanch44

Reaction score
Power stop Drilled and Slotted , Heavy Duty Truck and Tow is what I just ordered from 4 wheel parts.com $245 with discount 25% off came to $184 . Cheaper than gm and they work Great . Had the reg drilled and slotted on my '07 Tahoe and worked Great .

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Powerstop rotors are nice. Don't really need slotted/ drilled ones.

Also, Wagner ThermoQuiet and/ or Severe Duty pads have been great. I have used these HD pads on my mini van, SRX and Honda Element and they were great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518