Getting rid of magmatic shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tywash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to bump this. Anyone hear of anything new for a 15+ magnetic shock delete?

I have talked to one aftermarket shop that had a guy do it. He built a harness that tied into every system that was somehow tied into the magneride. The guy wanted $1500.00 to duplicate the harness. I also spoke to the dealership I got my Yukon from, who also performs aftermarket lifts. The service guy said they could eliminate it by 'tuning' out the magneride from various parts of the ECU. Basically regressing the vehicle to a non magneride ECU. I haven't heard anything outside of this. I can't vouch for any of this stuff either as it's all hearsay, meaning, I haven't seen it personally.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I have talked to one aftermarket shop that had a guy do it. He built a harness that tied into every system that was somehow tied into the magneride. The guy wanted $1500.00 to duplicate the harness. I also spoke to the dealership I got my Yukon from, who also performs aftermarket lifts. The service guy said they could eliminate it by 'tuning' out the magneride from various parts of the ECU. Basically regressing the vehicle to a non magneride ECU. I haven't heard anything outside of this. I can't vouch for any of this stuff either as it's all hearsay, meaning, I haven't seen it personally.

I’ve heard about flashing the BCM and ECU but it was older models for the 00-06. Basically taking that portion of the system out so the computer doesn’t look for a signal while retaining all other functions.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be happy to regress the computer to eliminate the mrc.

Then I’d buy a set of 3.0 dual rate kings with a 2-3 inch lift.
Happily.
With joy.
And a big smile.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with you, Fifty. Nothing too impressive about the ride quality of the denali XL. I sware my ‘17 RAM 1500 truck I drive for work rides just as good (maybe better) than my wifes denali. I kinda always blamed it on the 22’s...

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without tricking the computr somehow, would there be any more issues other than some lights on the dash?

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speed limited to 60 or 65mph I think

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are probably right. I was trying to remember.

00Bullitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with MagnaRide and a 3" Rough Country Lift and 305/55/20's.
Rides like a horse and buggy......did so before the lift, so its not ALL in the lift.

Most of the problem is in the rear. Going over speed bumps and you'd think there are no shocks back there. It comes over speed bumps and its stiff as a board. Front is not bad. The control arms are all compensated and the ECM was flashed after installation.

I hate the fact that this truck has such an advanced suspension system, but sucks ass in operation. I wish there was a way to tune it with an in cab dial or something. I am not fond of the idea of removing a feature that the LTZ came with that ultimately was part of the inflated option package, but man, not much other choice.

What makes it even worse is that its my wife's truck and I hear her complain about it every time we are together in it. My F150 rides better than hers and it drives her crazy. I try to get her to sell it, but she loves everything about it except the rear suspension. I like it alot.....its a sharp ass SUV, but man it doesn't ride so sharp at all. For what these things cost, they should feel like they float on a cushion of air.

Someone should come out with an aftermarket MagnaRide Programmer for these things.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@00Bullitt

someone is supposedly working on a way to retune the MRC.

have a question though... MRC is front only, so why is ride in rear so rough on yours?
i guess you removed autoride?
what is in the 3" RC kit? need diff shocks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518