Getting ready to get a tune.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scot, the computers in the engine and transmission have to relearn too these new settings and adjust them to your driving style. It will get better in the days ahead. Now tell us what happens when you come out of a u-turn and have to get on it because there are cars coming up quick on you... :)

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok home from work. I definitely noticed a difference driving on the highway. I have also noticed more of a difference driving in town. For me the biggest difference is the always ready no lag when you press on the gas it responds instantly. Shifting is definitely smoother and stepping on it a little on the highway now doesn’t automatically drop you down in to low of a gear it puts you right where you need for the acceleration, and does it very smoothly. Seems to pull a lot harder over 70mph too. I think some more testing is needed, but so far it drives like it lost 2000lbs of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you noticed any gas mileage changes? Better or worse?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Everything i have read is that it’ll go down the minute you load it, seriously the avg mpg on the dic says ohhhh shit....but afterwards, like a year or two after, when you’re finally done playing with the little pedal on the right it actually levels out and gets better....

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score

Not sure how accurate the instant mpg reading is. Under normal driving in town though with some coasting on hills, the instant mpg doesn’t go as high as before. Without coasting and driving on the highway without my foot in it, it looks to be the same. Time will tell, but as others have said my average has dropped due to stepping on the gas more than normal.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything i have read is that it’ll go down the minute you load it, seriously the avg mpg on the dic says ohhhh shit....but afterwards, like a year or two after, when you’re finally done playing with the little pedal on the right it actually levels out and gets better....
Why would anyone get done playing with the pedal? I just kept making it work better and better until now my mpg is in the single digits.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844