Getting ready to get a tune.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I do but you’d be surprised on how many people out there are easily offended. Such a sensative world now a days

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Sorry I've been busy at work every since I walked in the door. I can definitely tell the AFM is deactivated. Unfortunately my ride to work this morning didn't offer a chance to notice anything else. All in town driving and only 3 miles. I did step on it a little at a stop sign, but honestly didn't notice much difference. probably because I don't normally step on it at a stop sign. in town I have been trying to drive with a light foot and coasting a lot. Funny though because of this and the AFM disabled along with it staying in a gear until more RPM's are reached I didn't get as high MPG coasting. I think I did better though up hill. The shifting did seem better for the most part, and while I didn't have much of a hill, it didn't seem to bog down as much as before. This was probably due to the shifting being improved. Before it would be in too high of a gear and bog down before shifting into a lower gear. I will know more when I drive to Kenpo tonight as I will be on the highway for 30 mins. I will have a better chance to see what it does. I think it is better right now, and they might end up tweaking my tune, but honestly if it wasn't for the higher RPM coasting and not hearing the AFM kick in I don't think I would have known anything was different. BUT I was kind of expecting this on my drive into work hard to see a difference when mostly coasting :) I will post more later. Thanks for prompting me for an update.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been 3 miles...hardly a test especially if you were trying to coast. Should have taken the long way and got on the hrottle a bit to see how much more fun it is to drive. Looking forward to your thoughts after some driving.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
It's been 3 miles...hardly a test especially if you were trying to coast. Should have taken the long way and got on the hrottle a bit to see how much more fun it is to drive. Looking forward to your thoughts after some driving.

Yeah I know. that's why I said I didn't expect to see much this morning. I want to test it out, just so busy. Besides working 16 hours a day I am trying to get ready for camping this weekend, and finishing the brackets for my light bar. It doesn't leave much time for anything else. I will drive it more and give it a better test tonight.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
Ok home from work. I definitely noticed a difference driving on the highway. I have also noticed more of a difference driving in town. For me the biggest difference is the always ready no lag when you press on the gas it responds instantly. Shifting is definitely smoother and stepping on it a little on the highway now doesn’t automatically drop you down in to low of a gear it puts you right where you need for the acceleration, and does it very smoothly. Seems to pull a lot harder over 70mph too. I think some more testing is needed, but so far it drives like it lost 2000lbs of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok home from work. I definitely noticed a difference driving on the highway. I have also noticed more of a difference driving in town. For me the biggest difference is the always ready no lag when you press on the gas it responds instantly. Shifting is definitely smoother and stepping on it a little on the highway now doesn’t automatically drop you down in to low of a gear it puts you right where you need for the acceleration, and does it very smoothly. Seems to pull a lot harder over 70mph too. I think some more testing is needed, but so far it drives like it lost 2000lbs of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's more of what I expected to hear. Good to know that you notice how much better overall it drives. When you combine all the changes here and there it adds up to what I feel is a huge improvement.

OP
OP
scot moore

scot moore

Reaction score
I think a good way to see the differences would be to reset it to stock and drive it some after I get used to thins tune. It seems that you can easily adjust to faster and better. Sometimes without noticing much difference, but try going back to slower and it stands out like a sore thumb ;)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a good way to see the differences would be to reset it to stock and drive it some after I get used to thins tune. It seems that you can easily adjust to faster and better. Sometimes without noticing much difference, but try going back to slower and it stands out like a sore thumb ;)
You can do that at this point on yours. I definitely don't have that option anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts