Get a nice and reliable 07+ for $10000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you buy this? Is around 21.000 USD for me total when it is home in Sweden. Whit shipping and taxes.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/2007-chevrolet-suburban-black/6530971942.html
Some people telling me dont to buy a 200.000 mile 5.3...?
/Eric from Sweden
If there's a way for you to get the mechanicals checked out prior to purchase and everything looks good then I'd have no problem buying that. Just make sure you get it checked out to confirm it's a good one. Like I've said a couple times, mines about to turn 198k this week and runs like a top so mileage doesn't always indicate quality of vehicle one way or another.

OP
OP
SwedeBurban

SwedeBurban

Reaction score
If there's a way for you to get the mechanicals checked out prior to purchase and everything looks good then I'd have no problem buying that. Just make sure you get it checked out to confirm it's a good one. Like I've said a couple times, mines about to turn 198k this week and runs like a top so mileage doesn't always indicate quality of vehicle one way or another.
Great, thanks man!
Yeah, my friend in Long Beach, C.A. told me that he could take it to a pre purchase inspection.
He said it's about 300- 500 usd on a GM-shop

/Eric in Sweden

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks man!
Yeah, my friend in Long Beach, C.A. told me that he could take it to a pre purchase inspection.
He said it's about 300- 500 usd on a GM-shop

/Eric in Sweden
Seems to be well worth the money! Good luck on your quest. Looks like a decent burb from the pics as far as all the cosmetics.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of miles. Lots of things start needing replacement at that point. Would I buy a 3/4-ton with that mileage? Absolutely. Not so sure about a half-ton. My '01 Burb became quite the money pit once it hit 150,000 miles.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of miles. Lots of things start needing replacement at that point. Would I buy a 3/4-ton with that mileage? Absolutely. Not so sure about a half-ton. My '01 Burb became quite the money pit once it hit 150,000 miles.
Tis why I mentioned to him about giving it a thorough look over. I’m constantly keeping on top of my maintenance and mine has yet to become a ‘money pit’ in the sense of constantly nickle and diming me at 198k miles

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how much preventive maintenance you do, stuff wears out.

Sure, you can change fluids, but are you repacking wheel bearings?
Are you disassembling your alternator and checking/relubing the bearings?
Do you change the freon and check the clutch and bearings in the A/C comressor?
Do you check the bearings in the water pump?
Do you drop the tank and service the fuel pump?
Do you disassemble and service the starter motor?
When was the last time you checked the oil pump?
Do you service the seals in the shock absorbers?
Do you disassemble and fluff up the gaskets in the engine?

See where I'm going with this?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how much preventive maintenance you do, stuff wears out.

Sure, you can change fluids, but are you repacking wheel bearings?
Are you disassembling your alternator and checking/relubing the bearings?
Do you change the freon and check the clutch and bearings in the A/C comressor?
Do you check the bearings in the water pump?
Do you drop the tank and service the fuel pump?
Do you disassemble and service the starter motor?
When was the last time you checked the oil pump?
Do you service the seals in the shock absorbers?
Do you disassemble and fluff up the gaskets in the engine?

See where I'm going with this?
I get the point you're trying to make but these are the same concerns you should have when purchasing any used vehicle unless it's extremely low mileage. I could make a case that my suburban is in better shape now in almost every way at 198k miles than it was when I bought it at 108k miles and much of that has to do with upkeep and maintenance and just staying on top of it. So my point was, there are owners out there that are meticulous about their vehicles and buying one with 150-200k on it from an owner like that is no big deal. Will there be things you'll most likely have to spend money on once you get it? Absolutely! Like you said, it's a used vehicle but that'd be true even if the vehicle had 80-100k on it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT