General Grabber X3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Has anyone run these yet? I have always liked the look of red letter grabbers, but they just don't perform here in Chicago (winters, mainly). Have been fairly decided on KO2, until I revisited the idea of these X3's while poking around again....

So, KO2 vs. X3..... Thoughts?

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on the General Grabbers but when it was time for me to put new tires on, I was all set to go with KO2s. Then I saw the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. They carry the snowflake/mountain "extreme weather" rating and seem to be very beefy with a heavy sidewall.

They were also almost $200 less than KO2s. Been running them for over a year now, including lots of highway and moderate off-roading and I really like them. If they're available in your area you may want to check them out.

We didn't get a lot of snow last year but we got at least a couple of 8"+ storms and the Suburban did great on the Wildpeaks.

51NujS9x0hL._SY463_.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak to the general grabbers, as I’ve never owned a set. But the falken wildpeaks he mentioned above^ seem to be a good tire. I hear a lot of guys say good things about them. When I had my Durango a few years ago, I had the predecessor to the ATW3s, and they were a good performing winter tire. They were heavier than snot and killed my gas mileage, and loud as hell on the dry pavement, but when it came time for snow, they delivered! I never had any issues driving in the snow on the wild peak tires. Good tire to look into.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the general grabbers on my old Jeep, they were ok in 6-8'' of snow but anything deeper than 8'' they kinda sucked...they were great in the mud

If you want an aggressive looking tire thats absolutely incredible in snow you should get the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's...I drove through 3ft of snow with them last winter with no problem...I rarely had to use 4wd with my tires last winter

OP
OP
HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I had the general grabbers on my old Jeep, they were ok in 6-8'' of snow but anything deeper than 8'' they kinda sucked...they were great in the mud

If you want an aggressive looking tire thats absolutely incredible in snow you should get the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's...I drove through 3ft of snow with them last winter with no problem...I rarely had to use 4wd with my tires last winter

You had the regular grabbers or the new X3's?

OP
OP
HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I can't comment on the General Grabbers but when it was time for me to put new tires on, I was all set to go with KO2s. Then I saw the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. They carry the snowflake/mountain "extreme weather" rating and seem to be very beefy with a heavy sidewall.

They were also almost $200 less than KO2s. Been running them for over a year now, including lots of highway and moderate off-roading and I really like them. If they're available in your area you may want to check them out.

We didn't get a lot of snow last year but we got at least a couple of 8"+ storms and the Suburban did great on the Wildpeaks.

51NujS9x0hL._SY463_.jpg

I can’t speak to the general grabbers, as I’ve never owned a set. But the falken wildpeaks he mentioned above^ seem to be a good tire. I hear a lot of guys say good things about them. When I had my Durango a few years ago, I had the predecessor to the ATW3s, and they were a good performing winter tire. They were heavier than snot and killed my gas mileage, and loud as hell on the dry pavement, but when it came time for snow, they delivered! I never had any issues driving in the snow on the wild peak tires. Good tire to look into.

Thanks guys. I have seen the wild peaks. They are on my list.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I think I’ve pretty much decided to replace my OEMs on the new wheels with the Terra Trac 2 from Hercules. It’s over $100 cheaper than the KOs too. As much as I want the BFGs, i just don’t think I can afford the cost

A5F23F38-795A-465C-B3F6-3D858E6381A5.jpeg