Gauge Mounting Solution (s) / Gauge Pod + Pods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevell27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the a pillar gauge pod for a 07 + silverado will a 2011 tahoe?

Ricky281

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gauge Mounting Solution (s) / Gauge Pod / Pods

I searched for quite some time through many threads on here and have come up short of finding an exact thread dedicated to Gauge Pod / Pods and Mounting Solution / Solutions. My hope here is to start an easily accessible / searchable thread for said topic. Mods - if I missed a thread already in existence for this, let me know and I'll pull this down.
Anyway, looking for something to tip the scales for me as to where to mount a gauge or maybe two (boost for sure and possibly full time mounting a wide band gauge, but may just go the part time route for that...)
Below are areas of interest, please please please post pics of what and where you've got going on...
On my 04' Silverado SS I had AutoMeter C2 Boost and Fuel Press. gauges first mounted on the A-Pillar, I quickly realized that with medium to heavy tinted windows I was nearly blinded by the reflection of bright blue light at night, and moved to the center console with a custom jobbie... so with the ole Family Truckster, I'd like to avoid that same mistake.... here's what I see so far...

I REALLY like this idea... apparently the dude that used to make them left customers high and dry a while back and no longer makes them... for around $25-30 it can be attempted with some good sanding, painting and a lot of smoothing...
View attachment 34974

For reference, your traditional A Pillar... dont get me wrong, this is a perfect place for view and works extremely well, I just like a little more subtle and would like to avoid the blinding light if i tint the windows etc etc
View attachment 34978

This is a little project I've been chipping away at (tried to get a decent picture with the original switch picture/location in the background), but basically the headlight switch and useless pocket modified to accept a gauge, I have clipped mid sections of a black zip tie to place behind the gauge around the corners to make it look solid and gapless... however, the steering wheel (where I keep it) completely covers the view of this locaion... so it's currently on hold, might leave the useless pocket location for a super awesome switch of some sort...?
View attachment 34976

Annnnd finally this... I stumbled across this gem late last night, Autometer never made this piece for my 04' Silverado body style, so i was super surprised to see they made it for ours.... needless to say, I ordered it and will be giving it a try... anyone currently rocking one of these bad boys? likes? dislikes?
View attachment 34977

oh, and just because i was really proud of the work i put into this mounting job lol, heres a pic of what i did to my 04 SS gauges, not entirely ideal, because i had to take my eyes completely off the road to see how lean i was running
View attachment 34979

I searched for quite some time through many threads on here and have come up short of finding an exact thread dedicated to Gauge Pod / Pods and Mounting Solution / Solutions. My hope here is to start an easily accessible / searchable thread for said topic. Mods - if I missed a thread already in existence for this, let me know and I'll pull this down.
Anyway, looking for something to tip the scales for me as to where to mount a gauge or maybe two (boost for sure and possibly full time mounting a wide band gauge, but may just go the part time route for that...)
Below are areas of interest, please please please post pics of what and where you've got going on...
On my 04' Silverado SS I had AutoMeter C2 Boost and Fuel Press. gauges first mounted on the A-Pillar, I quickly realized that with medium to heavy tinted windows I was nearly blinded by the reflection of bright blue light at night, and moved to the center console with a custom jobbie... so with the ole Family Truckster, I'd like to avoid that same mistake.... here's what I see so far...

I REALLY like this idea... apparently the dude that used to make them left customers high and dry a while back and no longer makes them... for around $25-30 it can be attempted with some good sanding, painting and a lot of smoothing...
View attachment 34974

For reference, your traditional A Pillar... dont get me wrong, this is a perfect place for view and works extremely well, I just like a little more subtle and would like to avoid the blinding light if i tint the windows etc etc
View attachment 34978

This is a little project I've been chipping away at (tried to get a decent picture with the original switch picture/location in the background), but basically the headlight switch and useless pocket modified to accept a gauge, I have clipped mid sections of a black zip tie to place behind the gauge around the corners to make it look solid and gapless... however, the steering wheel (where I keep it) completely covers the view of this locaion... so it's currently on hold, might leave the useless pocket location for a super awesome switch of some sort...?
View attachment 34976

Annnnd finally this... I stumbled across this gem late last night, Autometer never made this piece for my 04' Silverado body style, so i was super surprised to see they made it for ours.... needless to say, I ordered it and will be giving it a try... anyone currently rocking one of these bad boys? likes? dislikes?
View attachment 34977

oh, and just because i was really proud of the work i put into this mounting job lol, heres a pic of what i did to my 04 SS gauges, not entirely ideal, because i had to take my eyes completely off the road to see how lean i was running
View attachment 34979

View attachment 34974

View attachment 34976

View attachment 34977

View attachment 34978

View attachment 34979
Where did u get the

View attachment 34974

View attachment 34978

View attachment 34976

View attachment 34977

View attachment 34979

View attachment 34974

View attachment 34976

View attachment 34977

View attachment 34978

View attachment 34979

View attachment 34974

View attachment 34978

View attachment 34976

View attachment 34977

View attachment 34979

View attachment 34974

View attachment 34976

View attachment 34977

View attachment 34978

View attachment 34979
Where would I buy the one in the second pic

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That pillar pod will work. I just did that in my escalade

Forum statistics