Gauge Mounting Solution (s) / Gauge Pod + Pods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gauge Mounting Solution (s) / Gauge Pod / Pods

I searched for quite some time through many threads on here and have come up short of finding an exact thread dedicated to Gauge Pod / Pods and Mounting Solution / Solutions. My hope here is to start an easily accessible / searchable thread for said topic. Mods - if I missed a thread already in existence for this, let me know and I'll pull this down.
Anyway, looking for something to tip the scales for me as to where to mount a gauge or maybe two (boost for sure and possibly full time mounting a wide band gauge, but may just go the part time route for that...)
Below are areas of interest, please please please post pics of what and where you've got going on...
On my 04' Silverado SS I had AutoMeter C2 Boost and Fuel Press. gauges first mounted on the A-Pillar, I quickly realized that with medium to heavy tinted windows I was nearly blinded by the reflection of bright blue light at night, and moved to the center console with a custom jobbie... so with the ole Family Truckster, I'd like to avoid that same mistake.... here's what I see so far...

I REALLY like this idea... apparently the dude that used to make them left customers high and dry a while back and no longer makes them... for around $25-30 it can be attempted with some good sanding, painting and a lot of smoothing...
sxeoeg.jpg

For reference, your traditional A Pillar... dont get me wrong, this is a perfect place for view and works extremely well, I just like a little more subtle and would like to avoid the blinding light if i tint the windows etc etc
IMG_0609-2.jpg

This is a little project I've been chipping away at (tried to get a decent picture with the original switch picture/location in the background), but basically the headlight switch and useless pocket modified to accept a gauge, I have clipped mid sections of a black zip tie to place behind the gauge around the corners to make it look solid and gapless... however, the steering wheel (where I keep it) completely covers the view of this locaion... so it's currently on hold, might leave the useless pocket location for a super awesome switch of some sort...?
IMAG3168.jpg

Annnnd finally this... I stumbled across this gem late last night, Autometer never made this piece for my 04' Silverado body style, so i was super surprised to see they made it for ours.... needless to say, I ordered it and will be giving it a try... anyone currently rocking one of these bad boys? likes? dislikes?
Capture.jpg

oh, and just because i was really proud of the work i put into this mounting job lol, heres a pic of what i did to my 04 SS gauges, not entirely ideal, because i had to take my eyes completely off the road to see how lean i was running
daymannightman.jpg

sxeoeg.jpg

IMAG3168.jpg

Capture.jpg

IMG_0609-2.jpg

daymannightman.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this came in, and I decided to go with it... I am in fact happy with it... however, I still strongly believe I would be happiest (happier) with the door corner trim location... anywho, AutoMeter Part Number 15023 - for single gauge, absolutely ZERO view interference with the DIC or factory gauges, fits on top of factory upper steering column shell (nice fit by the way), and can be secured by one of two (or both) methods, i chose both, but its either double sided 3m foam tape (included with part) or drill holes though both pieces (factory and autometer) and insert push pins through the combintaion... like i said, i used both and its absolutely not going anywhere easy. Have not had a minute yet to wire up the gauge, or install the MAP sensor yet (hope to get going on that this week, stay tuned (if you care lol)....

View media item 25229
View media item 25235
View media item 25234
View media item 25233
View media item 25232
View media item 25231
View media item 25230

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks dood, can't wait to see it wired up and at night (finally found a lit up photo on auto meter of this series). Since I already invested in the door corner trim piece and a single pod I'm still going to pursue that job eventually... Right now I'm convincing myself this current setup isn't gawdy or too "hey look at me" lol

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody on here know of anyone making or selling one these pods (pic below).... The person that used to make and sell them a while back (ref link) http://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...7/custom-made-nnbs-amd-nbs-gauge-pods-478761/
no longer makes them apparently, I've already wasted two door corner trim pieces trying to recreate it, ready to give up.... was hoping to run across someone selling their old one or something....

2uymvsn.jpg

sxeoeg.jpg

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I 86'd the AutoMeter American Muscle Edition Boost Gauge, and decided to go with an Interceptor gauge... already received it and installed it (ended up getting another auto meter steering column gauge pod as well). That being said... I now have an Auto Meter American Muscle Edition Boost Gauge (P/N 1258) for sale... Never even wired it up, just removed from package and mounted, so if you or anyone you know are looking for a beautiful kick ass gauge, get it for cheaper from me, just send a PM, also available is the pod for 07-13 GMFS steering column....
pictures with the Interceptor soon to follow, so far I like it....

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty darn happy with this! Flat road (no grade) but with a slight bend in it (had to turn the wheel about a quarter near the end) and may or may not have let up just before the full 1/4... either way, I'm happy with that rough est. baseline... December/TVS 1900 couldn't come soon enough!

View media item 25322
View media item 25320
View media item 25321
IMAG3300.jpg

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THats pretty good! Do you have a denali? Are you tuned? I heard a tuned denali/escalade will break 13's tuned. A buddy of mine has a 14sec SS silverado and mine pulls on him pretty hard. I am tuned with al sorts of little bolt ons.

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2012 Yukon Denali AWD. No tune, completely stock with a Volant CAI... Magnacharger and Exhaust to come soon. I had an 04 Silverado SS, I ran it at the track when it was totally stock with a CAI it's best time then was a 14.8... Had it around 12.6/12.7 after the blower, cam and a few other things... That was track times too, I'm not positive how accurate this aeroforce gauge is for their times...