Gauge Clusters 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
Curious what options trigger different gauge clusters? I have a 2017 LT Z71 Luxury Suburban and it has the 4 analog engine gauges across the top of the cluster. Every other Sub on the lot LT or Premium had the all digital gauge cluster. The LS models had the analog gauges like mine but no other LT or Premium. The only option I didnt get was the Sun and Entertainment. My tach does have the Z71 logo as it should. Did I get a LT model with an LS cluster??

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious what options trigger different gauge clusters? I have a 2017 LT Z71 Luxury Suburban and it has the 4 analog engine gauges across the top of the cluster. Every other Sub on the lot LT or Premium had the all digital gauge cluster. The LS models had the analog gauges like mine but no other LT or Premium. The only option I didnt get was the Sun and Entertainment. My tach does have the Z71 logo as it should. Did I get a LT model with an LS cluster??

I believe they started to make them std after 3/17 production changes on the LT up trims. Same with SLT up on Yukons. There was a post before about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Undeserving

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
I believe they started to make them std after 3/17 production changes on the LT up trims. Same with SLT up on Yukons. There was a post before about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. My built date is 3/17. I actually very OK with this. I prefer the look of the analog gauges. I will search for that post. Thanks

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting. My built date is 3/17. I actually very OK with this. I prefer the look of the analog gauges. I will search for that post. Thanks

The new cluster looks more up to date but the functionality was basically the same. I don't think we're missing out on any new features.

coder

Reaction score
My 2017 LT has the digital cluster and prefer that over the analog ones. One advantage the digital one has is that when you enable tow/haul mode the right gauge changes to the transmission temperate if I am not incorrect.

CND17 BURBAN

Reaction score
I was told that at some point in the 2017 production year the Premier got the fully digital gauges as a standard instead of an option.
It was confusing when I ordered mine because I was asking for the dealer to make sure that option was included and they were telling me they didn't see it as an option.
After a few phone calls I found out the information above.

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told that at some point in the 2017 production year the Premier got the fully digital gauges as a standard instead of an option.
It was confusing when I ordered mine because I was asking for the dealer to make sure that option was included and they were telling me they didn't see it as an option.
After a few phone calls I found out the information above.
I bought my 17 Yukon Premium Edition in May and it was built in late March of 17 days after they switched to the digital 8" DIC as standard on the SLT. I had an analog in my Sierra but the 8" digital blows that one away. I'd never want anything else from here on. LOVE IT!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is odd because the 2018 GM order guide still shows the up level cluster as only an option on the premier and not avail on the lt.

Jason101

Reaction score
So I am picking up a new 2017 LT tomorrow. It's so loaded, it might as well be a premier and it has the Digital Display which I was very surprised to see since I didn't think they were available on the LT (until reading this thread). The build sheet says it has a heads-up display and has the RPO code for it, the cutout is in the dash under the windshield, and I can see there are electronics in the cutout, but I do not have the 3 buttons to the left side of the steering wheel to activate it. Is it possible to enable it (the heads-up) on the LT?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should still be under warranty and you may want to check with the Dealer.