Gas Tank Filler-Hose Lowering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AV8R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a '99 two-door about a year ago and love it. It has some minor cosmetic issues, and a a shopping cart smashed a dent in my door a while ago... BUT that's beside the point.

My fuel pump went out recently, and the boys in the shop noticed that the gas filler hose vent line was disconnected and just hanging down, and that a drop-shackle was smashed square in the middle of my gas tank filler hose. They plugged the vent line so dirt wouldn't get up in there, and now it takes about 15 min to fill my tank, because I have to barely squeeze the pump handle, otherwise gas shoots back out because the pressure isn't equalized.

So obviously whoever lowered this beast before I owned it didn't do their homework...

Question is, what can I do? Is there a way to fit a new hose on there to wrap around the shackle? Or am I going to have remove the shackles, find some OEM ones, and slap them on there along with some drop leafs to keep the same stance?

Has anyone else had problems with this or their gas tank?

I wish there was something I could do with the stock tank, it's pretty unattractive and gets in the way hanging down in the back.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard of this happening, never saw it but heard about it.
I'd need to see whats actually going on.
Do you have any pictures to get an idea of whats happening?
I'd run a longer hose for the vent and route it a different way if possible.

I was thinking about using shackles, may have to think of a plan B.

Whippled2dr

Stock
Reaction score
I am using drop shackles on my 2 door tahoe. I've had them on since the beginning of the year and have had no issues.

First, I unscrewed the stock bolt holding on the hook in the back cargo area and replaced it with a M10 x 65mm 1.5 pitch bolt. I then used one of these clamps
http://www.fittingsandadapters.com/galsteelvind1.html
and put it around the vent tube next to the filler hose. I tightened it up until it lifted the hose up enough to barely clear the shackle.

Pics:
Shackles
IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0043.jpg
IMG_0044.jpg
IMG_0045.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts