gas mileage indicator on 2003 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello I have a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3 and wondering how can I get a instrument to let me know how much miles per gallon am I getting. I know some Hoes come with a indicator in the cluster to let them know how much miles per gallon here getting. is there a certain year that this came on the Tahoe or is this something that I am missing?
Thanks

OP
OP
Tahoebigdog03

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think mine is capable but I hope its something I'm over looking. ... by the way what is DIC?

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lt or ls?

if its an ls i'm not sure that you can have it with out changing the clock spring (i believe is what its called) in your steering wheel and getting your bcm updated to add that rpo code

if its an lt you should have it already with the steering wheel controls or just pushing the stick in the cluster

and DIC is the screen that displays your mileage

OP
OP
Tahoebigdog03

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lt or ls?

if its an ls i'm not sure that you can have it with out changing the clock spring (i believe is what its called) in your steering wheel and getting your bcm updated to add that rpo code

if its an lt you should have it already with the steering wheel controls or just pushing the stick in the cluster

and DIC is the screen that displays your mileage

It's a LS and I was reading it's available with steering wheel controls. So if it's not a pricey mod I'll go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019