Gas leak 99 escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlrudnik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just bought a 99 escalade, has 93k on it a 6k on a new engine put in at a gm dealer (I have the receipt for it). zero rust and clean everywhere. Filled it up and went home and parked on a hill and got out and smelled gas. Heard a noise and gas was running out from above the spare tire.. Moved it and parked level and no leak.

Ya'll think there is a hole in the tank? Maybe filled it up too full and leaked out a vent being on a hill? I've owned a few obs chevys before but never had that happen. 8c9bbb42067998a07d402fdbbd428ffe.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you filled it up so that there was fuel sitting in the filler hose, and the hose clamp is loose then thats a possibility. I'd check the rubber filler hose and vent hose clamps, also the fuel lines to the fuel pump. If there is a fuel line issue and its leaking, I would think the truck wouldn't be running very well due to lower fuel pressure. Check the tank for any punctures too. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen this quite a few times. Look under the back seat and see if it looks like an amplifier was installed, that might be the problem. I have seen quite a few amp installs where they ended up drilling into the gas tank. The gas tank is right below the rear seat, and people don't realize that they are drilling screws through the floor and right into the gas tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14