Galante's 2013 Tahoe Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Just slap them on, use the bulbs that come with them, they may need adjusted but you’ll be ok. Everyone says, “Don’t get eBay headlights you’ll crash and die.” But its not really that big of deal lol

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
PG01

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This type of fog light bulb looks good to the on looker and in pics but, unfortunately, does very little for light output. If you want good fogs get an LED projector style fog like the Morimoto XBs... I didn't want to spend the $200 on the Morimotos so I bought some EBay knock offs and am very very pleased with the output and results.

The advantage of the Morimotos are they are direct fit plug & play with no modification necessary.

The EBay lights I bought were actually 4" direct fit fog lights for a Jeep Wrangler. I had to modify the bumper behind the fogs in order to keep the adjustments for the fogs but they fit perfectly and are still adjustable.

So $200 for P&P or $40-$70 If you don't mind tinkering.

Show me ken, want to see said ‘modifications’ to bumper... i hacked mine up for my plow anyway... doesn’t bother me buddy.

OP
OP
PG01

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just slap them on, use the bulbs that come with them, they may need adjusted but you’ll be ok. Everyone says, “Don’t get eBay headlights you’ll crash and die.” But its not really that big of deal lol

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro
Been waiting for you to chime in ..... young man.... lol

Not worried about myself... its for when the wif is drivin....i dont want to hear... I can’t see....

She told me the other day that everyone is flashing her when she’s driving and is not sure if its because of the lights I bought or not...i said, ‘hun... i didnt change anything on the truck yet, are you sure the brights weren’t on?’ She goes... ‘hmmm, well maybe’ ....lmao
i love her to death but sometimes I wanna smack her.....;)

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Been waiting for you to chime in ..... young man.... lol

Not worried about myself... its for when the wif is drivin....i dont want to hear... I can’t see....

She told me the other day that everyone is flashing her when she’s driving and is not sure if its because of the lights I bought or not...i said, ‘hun... i didnt change anything on the truck yet, are you sure the brights weren’t on?’ She goes... ‘hmmm, well maybe’ ....lmao
i love her to death but sometimes I wanna smack her.....;)
She’ll be ok, I never really had a problem seeing with the ones I had on my yukon, but you may have people flash you, if they are adjusted to high.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Show me ken, want to see said ‘modifications’ to bumper... i hacked mine up for my plow anyway... doesn’t bother me buddy.

I didn't think anyone would want to see the boring behind the bumper pics so I don't think I took any. You basically just cut the hole out behind the stock fog light and then I used a couple self taping screws through the bumper and into the adjustable housing that came with the fog lights.

rps20180319_121251_277.jpg
Lights off
rps20180319_121436_167.jpg
Halos hooked up to DRLs.
rps20180319_121536_298.jpg
Fogs on halos (DRLs) off.

OP
OP
PG01

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm did you do the drl blinker together switchback thing on the heads.... dammit your making go look at your thread...

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hmmm did you do the drl blinker together switchback thing on the heads.... dammit your making go look at your thread...

I did.

I converted the original DRL spot into parking/turn signals and used white/amber switchbacks.

I wanted to get the fogs with the white/amber switchbacks for DRL and turns but I cheaped out.... lol

Plus I don't think the turn signal halo works without power going to the white DRL halo so the turn signal halo would work during the day but at night, when the DRLs are off the turn signal halo wouldn't function.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288