Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold my '16 Denali. Couldn't stand the booming any longer. Hopefully they fix that and the buffetting and vibrations. Other than those 3 highly annoying "features", it was a nice truck.

Was it a SWB or XL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious about the next generation as well, I was looking forward to the RST but after seeing one in person it's just not worth it. I doubt the electric car thing will happen as soon as they say. Oil is plentiful and the infrastructure is in place. I thought self driving cars were supposed to be dominating the roads by now......

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we all waited the next best __________...., we would never buy anything....

Yes, I agree, it’s the same with all technology. However, auto tech is on the explosive curve now where every few years completely new capabilities are created. If you buy a new 2018 car today, and compare it to a new car in five years, today’s car will b a dinosaur.
But like you said, it’s like a moving train, you got to jump get on at some point and enjoy what’s available today.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold my '16 Denali. Couldn't stand the booming any longer. Hopefully they fix that and the buffetting and vibrations. Other than those 3 highly annoying "features", it was a nice truck.

Did you have the buffeting issue as well? I thought I recall you finally finding one that was booming and buffeting free, no? If so, how many miles until it showed up?

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think gas engines are going away anytime soon. In Europe, its important to remember that the only reason diesel got so popular was the cost to own one was less than a gas engine. People always talk about the high price of fuel in Europe but they don't realize its mainly due to the extreme high taxes on fuel they pay. Its very obscene. Europe is not like North America, Europe is congested with roads that were never designed for the vehicle traffic that is on it. Most places over there have excellent public transportation but for some reason people want to use their own personal vehicle. This another reason that the congestion has taken root. I have been to several countries in Europe and they definitely have that new car diesel reek. The Full size SUV will still be around, only much lighter, more plastic and not metal. Look at the Tahoe and Suburban today, The rear quarters are half plastic, the struts in the rear hatch are plastic, both the hood and hatch are aluminum.

Remember, the pickup truck is a vehicle that most predicted would be impacted by high fuel prices, yet it was not and thanks to marketing, has really taken over the lead in new vehicles sales.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several sites suggest the next gen Sierra and Silverado are going to be revealed this year for the 2019 model year on a new platform. The Tahoe/Yukons are apparently going to follow the year after. That's a really short generation.

Also, I've read that the buffeting/vibration I have read about on here is actually commonly reported across the K2XX platform and has been referred to as the "Chevy Shake." I guess that's why the T1XX platform is being released sooner.

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the next generation will be loaded down with even more useless stuff (electronic shifters, electronic suspensions, auto-leveling lights, touchscheen will go towards a mouse like all of the Euro cars, and they'll slap run flat tires on them). Evolution might not be for the better...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu