Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read this article yesterday and there was an extra paragraph that has since been deleted. The deleted paragraph essentially quoted Jim Cain, senior manager of sales reporting at GM saying that the Escalade has only one more year of life in its current form before being redesigned. That could mean an early (summer time) release of the 2020 (redesigned) model year.

If anyone here is tech savvy enough to be able to retrieve the original cashed version of this article that includes the deleted paragraph, please post it. The deleted paragraph came after this one:

[With "full credit to Lincoln," the Navigator launch has focused attention on the full-size luxury SUV segment, and Escalade has benefited, said Jim Cain, senior manager of sales reporting at General Motors. Anytime there's growth in luxury, it reflects overall consumer confidence in the economy, he said.]

I wonder if someone got in trouble for spilling the beans...or if it was just a mistake and its not true...who knows. It's still a good article. Americans know how to build these SUVs better than anyone else.

How Lincoln, Cadillac are crushing rivals in luxury big SUV race
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...de-crushing-competitors-luxury-suv/535564002/

Yeah that sounds about right. Little less than 2 years out now but if they go full steam ahead they can get it to 15 months out or so maybe.

There’s no doubt that Ford/GM own the market. You wonder, as these things start truly going into 6 figure territory what will happen (once the built in pent up demand from long neglected navigator owners wears off). Creeping into some pretty heady SUV territory at that price range...

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds about right. Little less than 2 years out now but if they go full steam ahead they can get it to 15 months out or so maybe.

There’s no doubt that Ford/GM own the market. You wonder, as these things start truly going into 6 figure territory what will happen (once the built in pent up demand from long neglected navigator owners wears off). Creeping into some pretty heady SUV territory at that price range...
Maybe they shouldn’t go full steam ahead, take their time and get it right....;)

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My AC crapped out over the weekend. Dropped off this am and the service adviser said the next gen SUV will be released this year??? I guess it could happen with the truck platform already out. I asked to see proof which he did not provide. Maybe others could confirm.
Nah. In the modern auto business, if a new model were due to be released this year we'd already be seeing pictures, press coverage, and probably a prototype at the auto shows.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it will be out for the Jan '19 autoshow as a 2020 model.... just like the '19 trucks this past Jan. I've already seen a few '19 sierras around here on the road.

It is crazy to think the next gen could be on the lots 12-18mos from now. This is assuming 2020 is the year and all lindications are that is the case.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I disagree. In looking at sales to date between the Suburban and Expedition, the breakdown is this:

Suburban - 14,725 YTD
Expedition - 13,450 YTD

Expedition sales include the regular and MAX models. This comparison does not include sales of Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL and Escalade. And, sales of the Expedition are down from this time last year. Data sources from GM Authority and Ford Authority web sites.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree. In looking at sales to date between the Suburban and Expedition, the breakdown is this:

Suburban - 14,725 YTD
Expedition - 13,450 YTD

Expedition sales include the regular and MAX models. This comparison does not include sales of Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL and Escalade. And, sales of the Expedition are down from this time last year. Data sources from GM Authority and Ford Authority web sites.

I am actually surprised those numbers are that close considering the avg ford dealer didn't even have the 18 model on lots 2 months ago. The 2nd half of 18 will be huge for the exped/nav.
I'm sure GM will still have the advantage overall with all models but I guarantee you the previous large margins will be diminished greatly.

I was in the detroit suburbs yesterday and couldn't believe the number of 18 navigators and expeditions i saw out and about.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the Washington DC area and have only seen a handful of Expeditions and Navigators on the road. Judging from the license plate series, I am not seeing that many new 18 Tahoes or Suburbans on the road either.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Suburban - 14,725 YTD
Expedition - 13,450 YTD

I’m not sure what part of my comment you are disagreeing with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum