Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Treantos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am a new 2017 Premium Tahoe owner and forum member. I thought I would give my perspective after having my vehicle for just about a month. My wife and I bought a Pursuit 2470WA 2 years ago and I got a Chevy Colorado to tow it. I picked the Colorado over a Silverado due to its length. The Silverado was too long to fit in our garage. We only tow the boat 13mi to get to a ramp and the Colorado handled the 6800lbs just fine. The only drawback we had was getting my daughter, SIL, and three grand children to fit when we would go to restricted parking public ramps. I started to think about getting a Tahoe to accommodate everyone and our garage.

While I was looking a local dealer had a 2017 Escalade with 33K on it for a really good price. While we were haggling over the price I came across this '17 Tahoe. The price on the Tahoe was outstanding, and they gave me 2K more on trade for my Colorado.

Overall I am happy with the choice. I find the vehicle extremely comfortable and amazed how refined it is. I think the only thing I would fault is the brakes. While competent they are by no means great. I understand this is a 5K lbs plus vehicle but a bit bigger rotor my be better.

I haven't noticed the buffeting or offset issues I have been reading about here. The vehicle on the highway is extremely quiet and smooth. I love the magnetic ride, and all the sensors. The handling is better than I expected. I am amazed on how GM has refined the 5.3L, and something this size can get 18MPG. I like the Chevy MyLink and find it so much better than Ford, Chrysler, or my wife's '14 C300. The voice recognition is the best I have used. The Nav system is simple, and Andoid Auto works great.

With that all said I have to say the '18 Ford Expedition looks interesting, especially with a 9K tow capacity. It does seem that the Expedition platform has leapfrogged what GM has to offer for this year. I am a GM guy and would have a hard time buying a Ford. I hope the new Tahoe platform ultimately takes the next jump over the Expedition. Love to see a 10K tow (diesel anyone??)..

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Signals lead to GM trying to further differentiate GMC from Chevy (and Cadillac from GMC). We'll see how upscale they go with the 2019 Sierra vs Silverado.

GM's last chance to deliver a great truck interior
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...last-chance-to-deliver-a-great-truck-interior

Hopefully the extra attention to interior storage friendliness comes over to the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban platform.
Cool Details on the 2019 Silverado You May Have Missed
https://chevroletforum.com/articles...e=jan16&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=content

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^That interior looks the same as the last one. Looks like a very minor refresh, with the same plastic materials too. RAM really stole the spotlight with their new truck and interior.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^That interior looks the same as the last one. Looks like a very minor refresh, with the same plastic materials too. RAM really stole the spotlight with their new truck and interior.

those interiors already look 5 years old. especially compared to the 2018 RAM pickup interior.

2019-ram-1500-laramie-tan-brown-interior-dashboard-uconnect-4c.jpg rm019_073fn8rd2is1gcp0tgefhmapb69i7r4.jpg

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if GM did focus group that pointed them to think, well they dont really care about the interior.
Compared to the Ram....

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Ram also has a panoramic sunroof, which is impressive for a truck. I saw it in person at the car show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a new 2017 Premium Tahoe owner and forum member. I thought I would give my perspective after having my vehicle for just about a month. My wife and I bought a Pursuit 2470WA 2 years ago and I got a Chevy Colorado to tow it. I picked the Colorado over a Silverado due to its length. The Silverado was too long to fit in our garage. We only tow the boat 13mi to get to a ramp and the Colorado handled the 6800lbs just fine. The only drawback we had was getting my daughter, SIL, and three grand children to fit when we would go to restricted parking public ramps. I started to think about getting a Tahoe to accommodate everyone and our garage.

While I was looking a local dealer had a 2017 Escalade with 33K on it for a really good price. While we were haggling over the price I came across this '17 Tahoe. The price on the Tahoe was outstanding, and they gave me 2K more on trade for my Colorado.

Overall I am happy with the choice. I find the vehicle extremely comfortable and amazed how refined it is. I think the only thing I would fault is the brakes. While competent they are by no means great. I understand this is a 5K lbs plus vehicle but a bit bigger rotor my be better.

I haven't noticed the buffeting or offset issues I have been reading about here. The vehicle on the highway is extremely quiet and smooth. I love the magnetic ride, and all the sensors. The handling is better than I expected. I am amazed on how GM has refined the 5.3L, and something this size can get 18MPG. I like the Chevy MyLink and find it so much better than Ford, Chrysler, or my wife's '14 C300. The voice recognition is the best I have used. The Nav system is simple, and Andoid Auto works great.

With that all said I have to say the '18 Ford Expedition looks interesting, especially with a 9K tow capacity. It does seem that the Expedition platform has leapfrogged what GM has to offer for this year. I am a GM guy and would have a hard time buying a Ford. I hope the new Tahoe platform ultimately takes the next jump over the Expedition. Love to see a 10K tow (diesel anyone??)..

I still think there is not only a more faithful following for the G.M full size SUVs but also more brand cachet, I.e: go to a fancy school pickup zone and people associate the G.M 15 or up SUV with full on luxury good.