Funny sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning. Started the Tahoe up this morning and heard a funny sound coming from the engine compartment. Sounded like a low base from a blown speaker. Drove around for about an half hour. No warning lights on the dash and I only hear it at idle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
B

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. I think it has something to do with the ignition. When i cut the engine off I still hear the noise, then after a while ,no noise. I turned it to the on position,and I heard the noise again. Turned it off, and the noise stopped after about 30 seconds. Not sure but probably need a new ignition switch.

OP
OP
B

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now i’m Thinking it’s something electrical. Was playing around with different buttons, ac, heat etc. Started playing with the park assist button. usually I can turn it on and off with no problem,now the light stays on but no sound. Could that be my problem. Should l change the fuse, disconnect the battery?