Full Time Parking Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This may seem like an odd request and it may be a simple, "No". Is there a way to have the parking lights turn on/off with the ignition? The way my lights are set up, my red halos turn on with the parking lights as do the "C-Lights" (exactly as shown in my signature photo - headlights are NOT on). I turn on the parking lights manually, then I'm always getting the "ding-ding-ding" when I get out and have to rotate the lights knob to Auto.

I can do that everytime, but if there was a way for it to be automatic, that would be great!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure it can be done, exactly how is a little tricky without having the headlights on at the same time, I am thinking a relay connected thru the light switch would probably be feasible if it is not on a serial bus, that way the daylight sensor is still enabled and would turn the headlights on at dusk like normal, or even a relay thru the fog light switch may work because when you turn on the fog lights the parking lights come on also. you will need to do some research on the wiring or pull the switches and use a meter to figure out which wires to run thru the relay.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Do you want ALL of your parking lights, including rear, on with the key or just the C lights and red halos?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The simple way would be to take your positive leads from your C lights and halos and connect them with a fuse tap to one of the Underwood fuses that is switched. Something like fuel pump, wipers, etc.

Alternately you could wire them to your DRL but they would only work when your parking lights were off unless you wired them to your DRLs and your parking lights with a couple of diodes to block power from backfeeding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh