Full drop....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeVB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been a lurker on here for years. My question is this... Who has done the full drop in the front with control arms and spindles? I saw a thread well over a year ago where it was discussed and there were pics but I have not been able to find it. I have an 01 Yukon and sit on 256/50/20s. I'm currently at 36 in the rear and 35 in the front. I do not like the ass drag look I like a nice raked stance. I want to do both parts up front and am curious if anyone else has/does and what the experience is. Thanks for your time and look forward to anyone chiming in esp NorcalSS.

2017-08-23 09.36.08.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a "full" drop? It's either dropped or not. You don't determine the amount of drop you get just by how many parts you wanna use. Determine the amount of drop you want and get the appropriate components.

The AMOUNT of drop is a variable, and the amount of drop desired will determine the components needed. Spindles only come in a 2" drop. If you want more, you're gonna need to de-crank the torsion bars and/or get lowering control arms. The lowering arms are for 3" of drop. You can get just the spindles for a 2" drop, just the arms for a 3" drop, or both for a 5" drop. If any drop is too much or not enough, you can crank or de-crank your torsion bars to fine-tune the height up or down. The bigger the drop, the more parts that will be necessary such as shorter shocks, upper control arms, etc. To keep your current 1" raked stance (1" higher in the back), simply drop the front and rear the same amount.

OP
OP
MikeVB

MikeVB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is a "full" drop? It's either dropped or not. You don't determine the amount of drop you get just by how many parts you wanna use. Determine the amount of drop you want and get the appropriate components.

The AMOUNT of drop is a variable, and the amount of drop desired will determine the components needed. Spindles only come in a 2" drop. If you want more, you're gonna need to de-crank the torsion bars and/or get lowering control arms. The lowering arms are for 3" of drop. You can get just the spindles for a 2" drop, just the arms for a 3" drop, or both for a 5" drop. If any drop is too much or not enough, you can crank or de-crank your torsion bars to fine-tune the height up or down. The bigger the drop, the more parts that will be necessary such as shorter shocks, upper control arms, etc. To keep your current 1" raked stance (1" higher in the back), simply drop the front and rear the same amount.

Sorry I meant maximum static drop. I think you missed the point of my question. Is anyone running all available options on the front of their NBS for lowering..... There

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you wanting to do fenderwell work? because hell you could go anywhere from 1-8" of drop up front. There's also a guy who sells a torsion bar delete kit that allows you to run coilovers up front that could get you low. In the rear you start running into issues once you get past the 6-7" range as far as having to notch the frame, notch a area for the panhard bracket to have more clearance, running out of fenderwell room, need all the adjustable stuff (panhard bar/upper lower trailing arms) to recenter the axle. "Maximum" drop is kinda a broad thing to say. We could help a lot more if we knew an actual amount you would like to go.

I had a 2004 that was 5/7 on 285/45/22. Could've gone lower in the front with a smaller tire but was basically as far as I could go in the rear with out a good amount of work. That setup consisted of mcgaughys 2" spindles and torsion keys with a belltech camber kit up front. Out back was Tony's 6" springs with a half coil cut out, sphon adjustable panhard bar and airlift helper bags.

OP
OP
MikeVB

MikeVB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I guess all I want to know is anyone running LCAs and spindles up front? How does it handle and look etc. Seems most people on here are one or the other but not both. Maybe next time I post I will just keep the question direct and simple. My bad.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's the setup tony sells for his adjustable 4/6 kit. I don't think anyone has any issues with it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep