Full 01' Suburban makeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full 01' Suburban Suspension makeover

So come tax time I will be lowering my suburban. I am thinking a 3-5? On top of just lowering it I want to do the entire suspension while I am there.

Help me make a list so I can get it all priced up and mapped out.

Front Sway Bar
Rear Sway Bar
Adjustable Panhard Bar
Rear Shock relocator
Rear Drop Shocks
Rear Springs
Lower Control Arms
Upper Conrol Arms
Drop Spindles
Torsion Keys
Tie Rods
Pitman Arm

What else? Any suggestions on brand? Currently I have 22's with 305/40 tires. Come summer I will also be looking at 26's. Dont know if this matters but it might.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might as well replace all your bushings while you're there, like control arms, sway bar, end links, etc. Some of the parts may come with new bushings already.
Depending on your mileage and condition of the steering components, I'd look into replacing tie rods, pitman arm, etc as well. You can replace most of your steering components and install your lowering kit at the same time and then get it aligned once, rather than having to get it aligned twice if you were to do it separately.
There are some vendors on our site that you can go to and research which brand/parts will work best for your goals and budget.

OP
OP
PUNKYOU007

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added Tie rod and Pitman arm, thanks. I would assume things like the control arms and sway bars and things would come with new busihings. But if they dont I will replace them.

Is there anything else I should consider? Maybe NorcallSS could chime in, seems to be a suspension guru round here.

Again any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts