fuel trouble 99 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melugia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 99 tahoe that i have put all new stuf for the fuel pump,lines, and filter, but i still having a hard time starting it even on starting fluid, i put it on a hand held Snap-on Diagnostics scanner and it doesnt have any codes but when i go to check the injetors as soon as i try number one it stops running,,, any ideals what it might be? remind you im not very good with the Diagnostics scanner. thank you

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it starts and then dies with starting fluid (fuel issue or Passlock security) or won't start at all (no spark) using starter fluid?

Is the security light on or flashing on the instrument cluster?

Check the connectors at the VCM, particularly the two grounds at and from the white connector.

e05eb7dc87e5c035154d85ba12adf029.gif

b0414509e2addd237ace3bcda52492d9.gif

Check for spark at each cylinder and fuel pressure. Pressure should be 60-66 psi with ignition on, engine off, and hold for a couple minutes after turning off.

JollyRoger01

Christ Reigns
Reaction score
What fuel lines did you replace? I've had several of the injector lines inside the intake crack causing extended crank times. You can clamp off the return line, then install a fuel pressure gauge, cycle the key so the pump primes. If pressure is dropping off quick, I'd start there.

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine acted this way. Possibly the Spider Injectors. Pretty easy to change. I changed my spider Injectors and it solved my hard starts. Mine would actually run a fully charged battery down trying to start it. Here is the link to the ones I installed. I got them off Amazon. (Not saying this is what it is, but it definitely doesmt hurt, if you have high mileage on your vortec).

There is a great "How-To" Video on Youtube on the whole procedure.

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-217-...automotive&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=automotive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham