Fuel Tank leak/New fuel pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While I was replacing my brake lines this weekend I noticed the circular bracket that holds my fuel pump and lines from my fuel pump were badly rusted. I thought about just replacing the pump at a later time. But after letting the tank sit with the back lower then the front I noticed a good amount of fuel leaking from around the fuel pump. Is it possible to replace the bracket thats badly rusted or would i need to look at getting an entire fuel tank assembly? Also any recommendations on fuel pumps?

V30Crewcab

Reaction score
While I was replacing my brake lines this weekend I noticed the circular bracket that holds my fuel pump and lines from my fuel pump were badly rusted. I thought about just replacing the pump at a later time. But after letting the tank sit with the back lower then the front I noticed a good amount of fuel leaking from around the fuel pump. Is it possible to replace the bracket thats badly rusted or would i need to look at getting an entire fuel tank assembly? Also any recommendations on fuel pumps?
if its just the locking ring you can replace that. if its what it screws into you will have to replace the tank

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its most likely the oring that sits between the lock ring and the flange of the tank. If the lock ring is all rusted up i would go ahead and replace it while you have it off. The lockring does NOT come with a fuel pump module assembly but the oring does if you decide while you are in there to just go ahead and replace the fuel pump module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts