Fuel pump stuff questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't know if there was something better out there. @Rocket Man was talking about his, but I'm not going for any major performance upgrades. Just like to use the best when possible. The Delco is $221 on RockAuto. I know I don't have a filter along the frame, so I'm guessing this is my shot at it. She is running strong, so I don't think the pump is on its way out, I'm thinking pressure line leaking. Will definitely run this tank down. Maybe do it all late next week since I'm home a couple days for Thanksgiving.
if you look up that pump on ebay this guy has them for about half of rock autos price, there genuine ac delco ive bought a couple from them over the years never had any issue
https://www.ebay.com/sch/premium-fuel-injection-pumps/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God this brings back memories of me changing my fuel pump. The advice on the taking as much gas out is so true. When I did mine, it was on an 04, it had only the one line and the filter was on the bottom of the pump. Depending on were you live, you may want to change the straps as they may be rotten and for sure the Pump lock ring. Mine was all rotted out. Watch also the filler tube as they could be rotten as well. The Bosch pump that was in there only lasted two years, I replaced it with a Delphi from Rock auto. Drove it to the Boneyard.

OP
OP
HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
God this brings back memories of me changing my fuel pump. The advice on the taking as much gas out is so true. When I did mine, it was on an 04, it had only the one line and the filter was on the bottom of the pump. Depending on were you live, you may want to change the straps as they may be rotten and for sure the Pump lock ring. Mine was all rotted out. Watch also the filler tube as they could be rotten as well. The Bosch pump that was in there only lasted two years, I replaced it with a Delphi from Rock auto. Drove it to the Boneyard.

Got the lock ring in the cart. Looked at the straps and filler... Hmmm.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the lock ring in the cart. Looked at the straps and filler... Hmmm.
Which lock ring? I see the ACDelco is around $25 on Amazon but Rock Auto has some for about $8 but I'm not sure which one I need since they list them with a size.

OP
OP
HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Which lock ring? I see the ACDelco is around $25 on Amazon but Rock Auto has some for about $8 but I'm not sure which one I need since they list them with a size.

AC delco tr26. Fuel sending unit lock ring 130mm GM original equipment. Rock auto.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, I ordered both as I did not know which one I would see, it was a good thing too, because the one I thought I had turned out to be not the one. I was also going to cut the access hole in the rear near the third row and I studied the you tube videos to death but in the end I dropped the tank, left it on a creeper and just slid it out. I was really glad I did that, northern winters really took the toll on that lock ring, I had to use a brass hammer and drift and beat the living crap out of it to get it off, those ears did not want to move. I really think with the access hole cut I would have had no room to beat on it to get it loose. Cars and Trucks today really all should come with an easier way to access the pump, my 99 caddy sts did as well as the Japanese and some other imports.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AC delco tr26. Fuel sending unit lock ring 130mm GM original equipment. Rock auto.
Thanks. Mines the TR14 but it's weird that RockAuto shows 2 categories- fuel sending unit lock ring where it lists the ACDelco ( which I didn't even see) and fuel tank lock ring where it lists the other 2 off-brands. I got the ACDelco ordered for $15.67 on Amazon Prime, exact same price as RockAuto.

OP
OP
HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks. Mines the TR14 but it's weird that RockAuto shows 2 categories- fuel sending unit lock ring where it lists the ACDelco ( which I didn't even see) and fuel tank lock ring where it lists the other 2 off-brands. I got the ACDelco ordered for $15.67 on Amazon Prime, exact same price as RockAuto.

Yeah it took me a minute to see that other category, too... Weird. I hope it's right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094