Fuel Pressure issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vaguely remember seeing something where the wires go through the firewall near the booster. Not sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TahoeInFC

TahoeInFC

Reaction score
I vaguely remember seeing something where the wires go through the firewall near the booster. Not sure though.

Ah, well, that's a possibility I didn't check. Maybe it's dangling inside the cab under the dash. I'll check this out tonight when I get home. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was on the engine side, but I could be thinking of something else. Worth a shot, if it had my truck here I'd check.

OP
OP
TahoeInFC

TahoeInFC

Reaction score
I took a quick look out in the engine bay up next to the booster. I found the trailering wire bundle, but no loose red wires. I'll take a better look later...only had a couple of minutes to look just now.

OP
OP
TahoeInFC

TahoeInFC

Reaction score
Hi All,
It's been awhile since I've come back to this, but the truck has been running fine since I worked on it last year.
...That is until today.
Cranks, but no start. Cannot hear fuel pump whine at key-on...no fuel pressure. I think it finally gave up the ghost. The fuel pump relay checks out on the bench, and the terminals in the fuse box are all getting power when they need it. Fuse is fine. I can tap on the tank, but can't get it to start humming. I think it's all hummed-out. Not feeling the love.
Overall, not a bad life for what I think is a stock pump (more than 146k), so I'm going to start the hunt for a new one.

My question...what's the favorite brand of replacement? Should I pony up for an OEM, or is there an aftermarket pump out there that is giving good service? I've heard Airtex, along with many of the brands sold at AutoZone, O'Reilly, and other places are junk and to avoid them.

Thanks!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a job that you’d rather not repeat too soon, I’d go with an ACDelco part.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
It's been awhile since I've come back to this, but the truck has been running fine since I worked on it last year.
...That is until today.
Cranks, but no start. Cannot hear fuel pump whine at key-on...no fuel pressure. I think it finally gave up the ghost. The fuel pump relay checks out on the bench, and the terminals in the fuse box are all getting power when they need it. Fuse is fine. I can tap on the tank, but can't get it to start humming. I think it's all hummed-out. Not feeling the love.
Overall, not a bad life for what I think is a stock pump (more than 146k), so I'm going to start the hunt for a new one.

My question...what's the favorite brand of replacement? Should I pony up for an OEM, or is there an aftermarket pump out there that is giving good service? I've heard Airtex, along with many of the brands sold at AutoZone, O'Reilly, and other places are junk and to avoid them.

Thanks!
OEM lasted 18+ years

OP
OP
TahoeInFC

TahoeInFC

Reaction score
OEM lasted 18+ years
Solid reasoning.
I thought about that too, but 18 years is also a long time for GM suppliers to change. The manufacturer of the original pump is not necessarily who makes it today, especially because manufacturers are always looking to save money somewhere.
This was my reasoning for asking what is working for people today.
Thanks

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solid reasoning.
I thought about that too, but 18 years is also a long time for GM suppliers to change. The manufacturer of the original pump is not necessarily who makes it today, especially because manufacturers are always looking to save money somewhere.
This was my reasoning for asking what is working for people today.
Thanks

Your right long debated issue is these fuel pumps. Many many threads on these pumps everybody wants the best pump for the money but just because I got X amount of years out of my pump doesn't mean you will with that exact brand pump.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
...That is until today.

Thanks!
Depends on your situation when you see the prices for an OEM pump you may consider an auto store pump. People do buy them and they get some years out of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh