FS: OEM electric fan harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To any one considering an aftermarket harness I recommend u try Scottys. I've attached a picture of three harnesses I've had on my truck, top right is a harness that is no longer sold so no point in mentioning the vendor, bottom right is Nelson's harness and on the left is Scottys factory harness. They are laying on a regulation pool table to give u a idea of length.

He added the relay in for me and I'm glad I had him do it because it looks great and fits right in. He also labels the wires. I added a t-tap to his harness and plugged into the same ac connection as my previous harness. Best part is the harness disappears once installed because it's actually the right length. The other 2 are obviously lacking. My relays are now tucked under the fuse box like factory and his install thread instead of being blasted with hot air from the radiator.

Not a paid endorsement, no discounts offered..just a happy customer. Thanks sir..free bump for you. 0a66ccdac2472963ae5a5279850408e6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
To any one considering an aftermarket harness I recommend u try Scottys. I've attached a picture of three harnesses I've had on my truck, top right is a harness that is no longer sold so no point in mentioning the vendor, bottom right is Nelson's harness and on the left is Scottys factory harness. They are laying on a regulation pool table to give u a idea of length.

He added the relay in for me and I'm glad I had him do it because it looks great and fits right in. He also labels the wires. I added a t-tap to his harness and plugged into the same ac connection as my previous harness. Best part is the harness disappears once installed because it's actually the right length. The other 2 are obviously lacking. My relays are now tucked under the fuse box like factory and his install thread instead of being blasted with hot air from the radiator.

Not a paid endorsement, no discounts offered..just a happy customer. Thanks sir..free bump for you. 0a66ccdac2472963ae5a5279850408e6.jpg

That top right harness looks cheap and cheesey as hell. Looks like someone put it together using spare wire that was laying around. No wonder they're no longer in business.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That top right harness looks cheap and cheesey as hell. Looks like someone put it together using spare wire that was laying around. No wonder they're no longer in business.
Yeah, funny thing is they are all priced the same.

xjsc16x

Reaction score
Just so I'm understanding this right, I have an 02 'hoe, do I still plug the pins into the PCM harness? And I am still able to control it via the PCM as long as I get a custom tune to control it?

Also, is there a way I could set it up this harness to work with an external controller? AKA a radiator probe controller if I don't have a tune.

EDIT:
I am reading your install thread on the 2001 now. You have a typo in the post where you linked it and said 2011.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the honest feedback. :Handshake:

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so I'm understanding this right, I have an 02 'hoe, do I still plug the pins into the PCM harness? And I am still able to control it via the PCM as long as I get a custom tune to control it?

Also, is there a way I could set it up this harness to work with an external controller? AKA a radiator probe controller if I don't have a tune.

EDIT:
I am reading your install thread on the 2001 now. You have a typo in the post where you linked it and said 2011.
Thanks for telling me about the typo, I just fixed it. And yes, you would still plug the temp trigger to pin 42 on the PCM on a 2002. The AC trigger wire will need to be connected directly to the compressor trigger wire, that's why the extra relay is needed. If you viewed my install thread, you saw the extra relay that I added on mine. But on these harnesses that I'm selling, I pre-wire this extra relay into the harness so all that you need to do is splice the trigger wire into the AC compressor wire. And if you view my install thread, you see EXACTLY where the AC compressor wire is, and what color it is on a 00-02. So it's just as easy as wiring up a harness on a 03+ truck.
Now as far as using this harness without a tune, I can't give you solid advice on that. I'm sure that it's possible if you can find some sort of controller that has a negative trigger output on it. But the best way is to just get a tune, or to simply get a tuner to turn on the temperature trigger pin. Some tuners only charge about $60-$75 to only turn on the temp pin. I would check around before buying an external temperature controller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094