Frustrated on Bluetooth phone options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ezzzzy

Reaction score
Rigged up a pretty cool Bluetooth adapter to stream music from my phone through the cars system. I was completely frustrated with the options available for doing such a simple job... LISTENING TO MUSIC WIRELESSLY!!!

The only down side to this is that you do not have steering wheel controls but for me its worth the trade off. Simple installation and great sound quality.

I purchased a Bluetooth receiver off Amazon. The only thing this needed to work was power and an RCA input. Well, thankfully my 2009 Denali has both!

I also purchased a 12v cigarette lighter adapter for testing the theory prior to tearing everything apart and fully committing to this without know how well it would work.

IMG_6615_zps4tfjgfvg.jpg

Im happy to report that it works AMAZING! The sound is great and the only slight issue is that there is a little static through the speakers if the volume is high and there is nothing playing through them (like the volume is 3/4 up and you pause the music). Its not bad but it is there.

You could simply tuck all the wires and the Bluetooth receiver into the cup holders in back and close them once done but I will be running a wire from an ACC fuse to the Bluetooth and will be tapping into the backside of the RCAs. That way the receiver will power down when the car is off (the cigarette adapter that I linked does have a power button on it) and you wont be able to see that any of it even exists.

IMG_6616_zpsjorafj19.jpg

Simple and costs less than $60!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons