Frontend wobble under 60mph.....End Links?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gossamer

Reaction score
I get a wobble in the frontend when going under 60mph. Doesn't happen all the time. When I apply brakes or turn steering wheel it usually stops. The shimmy isn't a death wobble but it has gotten worse in the last few months.
Wheels have been rebalanced. Tires in very good shape.
Ball joints were changed. Hubs were changed. Same wobble occurring.

I have read that sway bar links that have weakened are the usual problem when this happens?

Any tips....ideas?

Thanks

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, before you start spending $$$ on parts that will probably not solve your problem, try this. If you can jack the front end up just enough to clear the ground, spin the tires one @ a time and see how straight the tread is while turning, and see how much the distance to the ground changes, then do the other side. Your checking for a bad belt in the tires and if their round. If not noticeable, put the front tires on the back and move the back to the front, I believe you will find your problem. Let us know what you find.
Hope you don't mind taking advise from a Georgia Dawg fan, LOL, good Rose Bowl.
David g.......:2cents:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gossamer

Gossamer

Reaction score
Mike, before you start spending $$$ on parts that will probably not solve your problem, try this. If you can jack the front end up just enough to clear the ground, spin the tires one @ a time and see how straight the tread is while turning, and see how much the distance to the ground changes, then do the other side. Your checking for a bad belt in the tires and if their round. If not noticeable, put the front tires on the back and move the back to the front, I believe you will find your problem. Let us know what you find.
Hope you don't mind taking advise from a Georgia Dawg fan, LOL, good Rose Bowl.
David g.......:2cents:

The Bulldogs are ok....the Crimson Tide is not.....lol

Doing the same thing with different tires.
Had the actual Death Wobble so I am going to start a new thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu