Front Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you know they were shot? My front left is making some weird noises. Creaking / clunky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

racefreak24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
seemed like it rode rough. but did find out when it needed alignment

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seemed like it rode rough. but did find out when it needed alignment
Did it fix the rough ride? Because 2015s with MRC have many issues regarding rough rides.

I wouldn’t say it’s uncommon. I had a leaking strut at 14k miles that was found during routine service inspection when in for an oil change.

OP
OP
R

racefreak24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
new struts did improve the ride. I first thought it winter and the rough roads in NW Iowa

formula271

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Suburban LTZ with MRC, and both front struts were leaking and replaced at ~32,000 miles.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. Brought in my Denali and they checked out the rubbing/clunking up front and it appears there is a TSB for it which adds some additional insulation or something. Not a safety issue.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. Brought in my Denali and they checked out the rubbing/clunking up front and it appears there is a TSB for it which adds some additional insulation or something. Not a safety issue.

Lmao that’s pretty weird. “Yeah our parts are junk so let’s just insulate the noise so owner’s think the problem is gone and stop bitching.”

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao that’s pretty weird. “Yeah our parts are junk so let’s just insulate the noise so owner’s think the problem is gone and stop bitching.”

Yeah I’m not sure it’s exactly that but he definitely said ‘insulation’. Didn’t really pay attention as I was on a call while he was explaining it. All I cared about at the moment was whether it was a safety issue or not.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure it’s exactly that but he definitely said ‘insulation’. Didn’t really pay attention as I was on a call while he was explaining it. All I cared about at the moment was whether it was a safety issue or not.

Will they cover it under warranty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont