Front strut/rear shock replace w/ZW7 and 22"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zekeial

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Yukon XL with 128K on it and I'm thinking it still has the stock struts and rear shocks on it. I would like to replace them all before our next trip. My problem that I'm coming across is that the truck has the ZW7 code and I have 22" wheels on which are GM 22". It seems like there aren't any complete strut assemblies that will satisfy all my needs. I would like something that will be a soft ride. Not sure if Bilstein would do that or KYB or Monroes. It would be nice if I could find a complete strut assembly and not have to mess with having the strut taken apart and reassembled and have to pay for it. Has anyone found a complete assembly that will clear 22" and work with the ZW7? Any recommendations also would be appreciated.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Yukon XL with 128K on it and I'm thinking it still has the stock struts and rear shocks on it. I would like to replace them all before our next trip. My problem that I'm coming across is that the truck has the ZW7 code and I have 22" wheels on which are GM 22". It seems like there aren't any complete strut assemblies that will satisfy all my needs. I would like something that will be a soft ride. Not sure if Bilstein would do that or KYB or Monroes. It would be nice if I could find a complete strut assembly and not have to mess with having the strut taken apart and reassembled and have to pay for it. Has anyone found a complete assembly that will clear 22" and work with the ZW7? Any recommendations also would be appreciated.

I’m in the same boat (07 denali, with ZW7 and oem 22’s) did you ever get new shocks and struts? If so, what did you go with.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firstcaddy